Does anyone live in or very near Naples, florida?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Jun 9, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Does anyone live in or very near Naples, florida? There is a collectable car selling there this week and I can not get there to look at it before it sells. I need someone to go buy, look at it and give me an idea of the condition of the car.

No problem if you are not an expert, I just want someone to look at it, maybe take a few digital pictures and watch them start it up and listen to it run.

I'll be taking it to be restored so it doesn't have to be perfect, just in good enough condition to be a good project car.

2. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    ... not me.

I used to be a classic / vintage car judge. I've fallen "off the radar screen".

Best of luck on this one.

Regards,
    Robert Rowe

3. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    A fellow trumpet player from one of these forums (I won't use his name without permission) offered to go to Naples on my behalf. His business takes him to that area.

We agreed that the price was too high for the vehicle. I really don't need this "toy", but I've been through a lot of health problems and feel like I deserve this as a gift to myself. I have a great stable of horns, so a collectable car or sports car is my fever now.

In the end I'll let common sense set my course and I'll save my money and buy an Eclipse Trumpet instead. My 50th birthday is coming up. My wife and I take a nice trip for our BIG birthdays (30, 35, 40, 45, 50, etc...) and for my 50th I'd like to go to England and have Eclipse make me a horn.

4. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    ... Now that's a great idea !

Keep us posted ....

Regards,
    Robert Rowe