Does Kissing Improve your chops? Seriously

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Humbtresd, May 28, 2011.

1. Humbtresd

Humbtresd New Friend

May 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Does Kissing improve our chops?
    Because i recently broke up with my girlfriend and since then , i've lost my endurance and darkness in my sound but i can higher?:dontknow:
    Iknow its not the best question but im curious to see what experts on here say
    Sincerely , Trumpet player tryna to surpass limits

2. CaptainAddy

CaptainAddy Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    I love this forum. I don't think so, but it could help with "tonguing"1:lol:

3. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    There are rumors that girls find they REALLY like trumpet players, that is all I will say on the matter..........

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Kissing never improved my chops, that I know of, but several women implied that my chops improved my kissing!

A kiss usually involves more of a pucker form from our lips, which would lead to a darker sound and more cushion against the rim, helping endurance.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your girlfriend (it hurts, I know) but your playing shouldn't be effected that much, unless you spent more time kissing than practicing!

In that case, get to work! (Keep your eyes out for cute French Horn players though--they know how to kiss!)

Have fun!

5. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

(SHRINK ATTACK)
    It might be how you are being affected by the break-up. It can take a pysiological toll which could lead to your changes. Weird stuffs

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    absolutely -- I kiss my horn almost 2 hours a night. Putting that nice mpc on my lips and caressing those curves and gently pressing those valves ----- I am in love with my trumpet -- and that does improve my chops!!!!!!!!!!ROFLROFLROFL

7. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I volunteer for the reseach project! Bring on the pretty blonde 18 year old females. Ooops, wife is here, never mind.

Actually, I had a girlfriend back in college give me a poster that said trumpet players make the best kissers. let's keep the rumor going.

8. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Its all the double tonguing.
    ERMMMMM
    :shhh:

9. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    What rumor? :cool:

10. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    It works the other way around. Improving your chops improves your kissing. Seriously.