Does Kissing Improve your chops? Seriously

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Humbtresd, May 28, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Finally to get the heart of the original post, Does kissing improve your chops? The opposite is a given if your main squeeze is around when you are putting the lip squeeze on another. The aftermath will require lots of ice, pain medication, and if you were really really bad, about 7 days of tube feeding.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah but practice will always be more productive for your chops than kissing -- and the trumpet doesn't argue with me, and never has an opinion!!ROFLROFL ----and that is soo wrong to say , but YET so true:shhh::shhh:

3. Humbtresd

Humbtresd New Friend

May 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Aight soo I'll Try to stay away from the ladies to give more attention to To My Trumpet
    I still feel as if Kissing does effect Your Playing Greatly, like the Better the trumpet player the better the kisser !

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Can't argue with that logic, but the title of the thread is "Does Kissing Imprve your chops? The answer to this question is short and direct - No it does not.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    OK, let's break this down in stages so there is no confusion with my answer:

True statement and you will get no argument from me on this one.

I wouldn't say the trumpet has no opinion. It is expressing your opinion. And here is my most important point; the trumpet will not keep you warm at night. Think about that last one.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes, but if you want faithfulness, and to keep warm at night - might I suggest a large dog or a thick blanket!! the large dog will keep you warm, and always be your friend. the blanket won't argue back or express it's opinion.

..........here is the truth (and I don't have personal experience with this, but it is still true) -- lock your dog and your wife/girlfriend in the trunk of your car/closet/whatever and come back a half hour later ----
    the truth is --- the dog will be the only one happy to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My favorite dog EVER is named Jazz. She is my FIRST dog that my wife and youngest daughter brought home 7 years ago, despite my protest that I would NEVER have a dog living in my house. They thought that would BUY my approval by naming the dog Jazz. Naw, that did not work. Then I was shaking my finger cussing the dog out, and the little puppy licked my finger. It was love at first lick. Now, I would trade off my wife before ever giving up that dog.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    4 pages (so far)! Some good stuff for sure. I would say you've lost endurance cause you aren't practicing as much. You're playing higher cause of the anger/anxiety and adrenalin rush over your lamentation of losing the girl. If you settle into acceptance, the dark tone should return because you are depressed. This will be good for playing the Blues, but will screw up your range because your anger has mellowed and you just won't care how high you can play.;-)

9. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Trumpet players are the "athletes" among musicians.

Interpret that however you want......

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    YEAH you can say that here -- and you can tell that to your dog Jazz, but I suspect that is something that you shouldn't tell the wife --- again if you did tell both Jazz and your wife that (the dog is more important than the wife) --- well I am certain the dog will be the only one who is happy about that ---- and I hope the wife doesn't have a frying pan handy if you told her this --------ouch!!!!!!!!!ROFLROFL
    now that is love!!!! her accepting and understanding that and NOT hitting you hard enough to give you a subdermal hematoma!!!!!!!!!!!ROFL:shock::oops: