Does Kissing Improve your chops? Seriously

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Humbtresd, May 28, 2011.

1. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    If you accidently shut your wife and your dog in your trunk and open it up a day later, who is gonna be glad to see you and lick your face?

Case closed.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    We're pretty safe her KT, my wife does not know how to use the internet. She also has bad aim and a bum throwing arm.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    well Doc that is good news then -- I wonder if a subdermal hematoma would produce enough endorphins and adrenaline to counteract the hypoxia you might get by playing high notes ---mmmm I wonder if the "make up kiss" after all of that commotion would produce enough euphoria to actually play better!
    tis this we will never know - since your wife won't read this -- perhaps that is better for all!!!!!!:thumbsup::shhh:

and Jazz would still be happy to lick your face after all of that -- I am sure, and I am not even a dog personROFL

cats rule and dogs droolROFL

4. Humbtresd

Humbtresd New Friend

May 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Honestly "Tobylou8" Gave me the best advice , thanks and it actually makes sense
    But for the rest of you guys thanks for all the help :) , I got a couple of laugh off these posts ROFL ROFL
    Hope i keep improving on trumpet though Cause i wanna be something in trumpet-ness :D

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes - seriously. I'm sorry about the loss of your girlfriend. I know from experience that can be a real downer in the emotional and trust department. I am glad you could get some laughs as that is sometimes the best medicine.
    and you can keep improving on the trumpet--- time and practice -- there really aren't any shortcuts. BUT pay the dues of the practice, and the learning and growing, think in terms of months and years, and make sure you always share your music, and your learning, and even teaching of others. -- and that is how you will be a successful trumpet player.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  6. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    My girlfriend of one year, (now Fiance) says I am her first trumpet player and I am the best kisser she's ever met. and have the softest lips too.
    So keep practicing !!! And in the words of Scott (Scooter) Englebright...."Girls dig trumpet players, so get used to it. "

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    All the readers on this site know this as fact. However, here is your challenge: you are going to have to keep all of us TM trumpet playing readers away from your girlfriend!

However, if you want to make sure we can make this statement decisively, how about we get, oh, lets say, about 10 or so random friends of your girlfriend (remembering to protect her from the rest of us) and perform a randomized control study. We can blind the study as well with the stipulation that we both close our eyes before the kiss. HAY, I'M JUST TALKING ABOUT CONDUCTING A VALID SCIENTIFIC EXPERI-ENCE/MENT HERE!

8. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    In the tradition of the brotherhood of fellow trumpet players, and to always try to improve and pass this information on to my brothers, I called my fiancé and asked her if she would participate in this experiment, for the good of the brotherhood of course. To which she replied, “ While I’m sure I can get 10 friends to kiss you and your brothers, I personally don’t see the reason for this, as I have already participated by kissing you, a trumpet player and concur that trumpet players ARE the best kissers in the world ! “ So Gmonady, I tried my best to meet your challenge.....So Sorry ! ;-)

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    What me resist? Well... no longer.

Anything that improves one's health will have a beneficial effect on one's endeavors. Healthy trumpeters play better. Healthy partners make a better audience.

Is there a direct correlation between kissing and health? You bet!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    isn't that just like a woman??? can't see the point in a valid scientific experiment involving hopefully a very repetitious study over numerous days to achieve answers that would fully validate the OP's question.

darn -- without an agent advising me otherwise -- I was going to even volunteer to be a "test" subject only because I play the trumpet.