Does Kissing Improve your chops? Seriously

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Humbtresd, May 28, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So I imagine that would involve French kissing. Sir, this ABSOLUTELY involves an additional set of muscles.

Perhaps you should post these additional outcomes on the double tonguing thread. Perhaps recommending dating a French horn player would help that individual posting their question.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    For others of you men, there are some women trumpeters ... very good ones in both looks and trumpet playing. Any theories on the response of a male and female who are both trumpeters kissing each other. I did say other men ... not me.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    God I hope they wouldn't try to out do the other to hitting a double high C! ENT surgeons are plenty busy enough.

Now, if they both evoke circular breathing, then the lip balm manufactures will be making a fortune!

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    9 pages of post in 5 days... NINE PAGES GUYS!! .... short ones too ... normally a nine pager in a short time is one of Robin's questions where all the engineers post thesis in defence of some position ... trumpet players nothing like 'em

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    CoolerDave, Thanks for the overview analysis.

I could add a lengthy thesis on the physiology of kissing that would involve motor and neurological pathways (just think of all the reaction just involving the stretch receptors), but the discussion when adding collateral feedback loops involving the brain (especially in the amygdala and hypothalamus) and their outflow response, may get the post censored.

But with this said, I would love to hear Robin's thesis on the subject.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    What's a thesis?;-)

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    A very long writing that supposedly says the author knows something about the subject of the thesis but not always ... the only difference between such and some of the posts here is length. Mostly such is required for college Master's degree ... anybody for desertation on the subject of Fallacy In The Function of Kissing ... A Cause For Divorce.
    Well, you're quite likely to find one in some college archive gathering dust.
    Desertations are often required for college and university conferring of Doctorate degrees. Tobylou8, you're jerking my chain, but the thing won't flush ... call the plumber. The cause isn't always the flapper! ROFL:thumbsup::roll::roll::roll:

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I ain't messing with nobody's "plumbing"! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Nobody has plumbing, but somebody does. The plumber knows, but do you? :-o:shhh:

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    ???:-?:-?