Does this ever happen to you??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lpuppy79, Feb 20, 2010.

1. lpuppy79

lpuppy79 New Friend

Feb 20, 2010
    i know this is a really weird question but here goes...

when you guys have been playing high notes on the trumpet for a long time in a session and your lips and mouth muscles are totally worn out. do you guys ever feel air sneeking out between the mouthpiece and the corners of your lips when you attempt to play more high notes??? i did a horrible job of putting this question into words but lets hope you know what i mean.

thanks everyone!

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Sort of and very occasionally, If I'm tiired my posture goes a bit and I find the trumpet isn't so stable in my hands particularly if I'm playing piano, it does't always happen. I wouldn't try to correct this by adding pressure (horn to lip) as this can be self destructive.

Cheers

Andrew

3. lpuppy79

lpuppy79 New Friend

Feb 20, 2010
    alright... just wanted to make sure it wasn't totally my embochure

4. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Just a sign of fatigue.

5. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    If your to the point you describe, it's a sign that you need to stop for awhile, and rest. Likely, the end of your practice day. Don't underestimate the importance of rest.

6. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    no

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Yep, if it was smoke, it'd look like a black powder revolver going off. Smoke from the cylinder gap jetting out to the side.........Buck:oops:

8. lpuppy79

lpuppy79 New Friend

Feb 20, 2010
    thanks!!

9. Mamba21500

Mamba21500 Piano User

Feb 26, 2009
    If this happens in the middle of a concert just pull yourself and your lips together, you'll last a while longer with some determination, if you're just practice, play some notes below low C, pack up, and call it a day.