Doing what I thought Rowuk told me to do a few months ago (but didn't really)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Jun 15, 2010.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Hm not the F above high C? I always had been taught that the "Doubles" start at F above high C, as in you go from a High E to the next note above, a double F, am I mistaken?

2. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    If I am mistaken I would be genuinly surprised if my range went to an F above double C, ever! :lol:

3. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Which is exactly why Rowuk questioned it.

4. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    As my Chem teacher would say,"Congrats, you just earned the D.A. of the Day award:duh:"

I apologize Rowuk

Then the Doubles start at Double G, the G right above high C?????

5. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
  6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Marching,
    I never said any of that stuff and Solar Bell didn't either. Octaves always start at C and if you read ANY of my posts, you realize that those that talk about high range never have it in a useful or musical way. USELESS! There is nothing that you posted that has anything to do with my philosophy of playing.

I don't talk about Brunolli (whoever that might be - no idea) or aperature. My students get exercizes that take care of business WITHOUT having to intellectualize it. The only hiss that I use is when my students come and haven't practiced. Learned it from a rattlesnake.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  7. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Based on his follow-up quote I think he means 3rd partial G down to C#, a half step above 2nd partial C. When he posts the video we'll know for sure.

8. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    rowuk sez:
    My students get exercizes that take care of business WITHOUT having to intellectualize it. The only hiss that I use is when my students come and haven't practiced. Learned it from a rattlesnake.
    ----------------
    Bull!!!
    How can you talk about the things you do on trumpetmaster and not expect it to rub off on your students. I'm sorry but I just don't believe your statement and yes, we did talk about arch tongue and hiss and its effect on high notes verses making the aperature smaller to achieve high notes.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hiss, arch and aperature NEVER came from me. I have exercizes for my kids that probably influence arch and aperature in ways that I do not talk about - no need to if the chops are working. And if they aren't, talk is usually not the solution. More exercizes are.

The thread owner claims stuff that has NOTHING to do with anything that I have ever recommended or teach myself. I don't say that my way is the only way. I only say what I personally use and believe. If I don't say it, that does not mean that it won't work, it means I don't use it or preach it. Did you get the Hiss? Rattlesnakes!