Dollar downloads

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JimmyThird, Oct 8, 2009.

1. JimmyThird

JimmyThird Pianissimo User

Dec 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Dollar downloads - Student scholarship opportunity

Hello Trumpeters!
    ATTENTION Teachers AND students!

I wanted to take a bit of time to remind everyone of, or introduce others to, a very successful program I initiated last year.

It is called "DOLLAR DOWNLOADS".
    Here is how it works:

1) You can now purchase, for only $1 each, PDFs (sent to you) of the trumpet parts to my many solos, chamber music, or chamber music written for trumpet. The benefit is that you can play through and decide which of my selections suit you best without having spent money for the whole thing. You can also listen to much of the music here. (but don't go there yet! Read on!)

2) I collect all of the sales (keeping none of it for myself) - and apply it to the Stephenson Music Scholarship Fund (but don't go there yet! Read on!)

3) After collecting applications - a simple process; details forthcoming - between December and March - I then can award a scholarship for a student to attend the summer program of their choosing. Last year, the recipient was Jered Montgomery. With a full scholarship through Dollar Downloads, he attended Rich Stoelzel's International Trumpet Festival at Grand Valley State. (Hopefully the past can guarantee future results!)

4) The recipient's only responsibility - besides learning as much as they can at their chosen festival! - is to help me in the decision process for the next year's award (thus learning how things work from "the other side").

Thank you, everyone, for your time, and past support. Please help me to spread the word, and to successfully continue this program to ensure that many of our younger students receive the same opportunities that I, and perhaps many of you, did.

Dollar Downloads (OK - now you can go there!)

Sincerely,
    Jim Stephenson
    Composer (former professional trumpeter!)
    James Stephenson, arranger and composer

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Lets make this sticky for a while. Looks like a great cause!

3. JimmyThird

Dec 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks! It worked well last summer, so I hope to do it again. I appreciate your support!

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Jimmy, please do not post in multiple forums (Fori?)

5. JimmyThird

Dec 6, 2007
    Chicago
    My apologies - I didn't know where to put this one. (Please call me Jim!)

6. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    To all the TrumpetMaster members -- this is a terrific offer and a terrific way to build up a library of great solo parts to practice from and to aim for performing some of them some day. Jim's music is terrific and this is a great way help some young trumpet player get to have a wonderful summer camp music experience.

7. JimmyThird

Dec 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for making it a 'sticky' - how do I change the title do say "Dollar Downloads - Student scholarship opportunity"?
    I tried - but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks!
    Jim