DON'T STEP ON ANY TOES

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    in Detroit, with the nation's largest middle east population, some people have been watched.

OH NO!!!! PROFILING!!!!

YOU BET!!!!

www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051221/NEWS05/512210369

If these people (the watched) have nothing to hide, what's the harm.
    If they are bad people, what better place to hide than in a high profile position.
    I hope there is no problem with these people. But it does NOT hurt to look.

-cw-

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Simply put, Arabs in any country have one religion with one agenda....conquer/rid the world of infidels.

Liad Bar-EL

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Liad Bar-el wrote:
    Liad,

I cannot agree with you on that statement.

All of the sons of Ishmael are not against the sons of Isaac.

I know many Arabs that truly love the Jewish people.

-cw-

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Are our freedoms not the thing the Islamic terrorist extremeists are most envious of? The fact that we can worship (or not) as we choose; that women are equal to men; that we have a government which is not dictated but elected freely and is separate from our church and religious institutions? That we should be free to move and communicate and protest our even the officials we elect? That we can openly disagree on our founding documents? Or any other freedom we seem to take for granted?

This seems to be a sign...they wish to directly assault the freedoms we hold dear, and negatively impact our way of life; take it away from us. 911 was more than just a brutal murder of innocents; it was also an assault on our innocence, on our collective psyche, the effects of which sent us reeling on a spiral and caused some loss of freedoms. If I came to a realization that Islam was the way for me, would I, too, be scrutinized for the sudden shift in religious affiliation? (By the way, never gonna happen!) It is our right to worship (or not) as we choose; that was why the pilgrims came here in the first place.

Protections must be in place against further similar and horrific events; they come at a cost. That cost, I fear, is exactly what they are seeking. TERROR-ists.

5. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I was not referring to all the sons of Ishmael for he had many nor was I referring to the Arabs that you may know for they could be Christian Arabs. I am referring to what is written in the Torah that we know that it is a cardinal law of reality that Esau hates Jacob. Those who believe and follow the Koran are against all those who do not believe and follow it and it is to these people whom the FBI and other intelligence agencies should have no hesitation investigating.

I also know many Arabs who have seemingly ‘loved’ their Jewish ‘friends’ for many years, become members of the family, were entrusted with many family privileges, etc only to turn on them and make the Jewish family a family of orphans.

The fact of the matter is that there are more Jews who love Arabs than there are Arabs who love Jews and those Jews primarily represent the leftists who support bombings of innocent Jews, giving Israel away, putting down the government, etc.

You love your Arab acquaintances? Just let me give you a little piece of advice: Don’t turn your back on them. Suspect and respect.

Liad Bar-EL

6. Yoder

Yoder Piano User

Aug 2, 2004
    Digital Domain
    Racism comes in many different forms, and is not unique to America.

My Iranian neighbors, and the Iranian I work with are great friends and people. Sometimes you have to look beyond the veil of religion and see/respect them for the people that they are.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I agree with Yoder because I think that if you look at any country historically, I don't think there's any that comes off unscathed when it comes to subjugating or murdering other peoples based on their race or ethnicity.

It's also no wonder that the people of Israel feel threatened every minute of every hour. Even with the security as it is, how is that a way to live? I'll never forget when I took my son to synagogue for his lessons and he saw a map of the middle east. He was about 10 at the time. He looked at it for a while and said "I don't get it". I looked at him and said "Get what?" He kept looking at it and said "Israel is so tiny... there's so much room there (neighboring Arab states) for people to live. Why do they have to pick on Israel?"

I could have gone into a long dissertation about the middle east but I just said "Yeah.. I don't get it either."

We have a family that's very close to us that are also from Iran. Well, the husband is from there. The kids all speak english and Pharisee (I know I screwed that up, sorry). I've had any number of students with family ties to the middle east. Are these folks that are being investigated? I don't know. I would think at some point it's possible but once the government figures out somebody'd clean I have to believe they'd move on to wherever they could find trouble if it exists.

Profiling is a terrible neccesity during times of war. We're not interning people anymore so I guess this is an alternative that at least lets you live a little. It's too bad. I think this will change as law-abiding Muslims continue to part of the solution not part of the problem with their silence and tacit agreement. We're seeing glimmers of that and I hope it continues.

ML

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    You guys really made me think more about this.

The question has been asked whether someone who converts to Islam would suddenly become suspect. That's a very good question and here's what I came up with:

For someone to convert to a religion that is held under such scrutiny and occasionally derision in TODAY'S world can only mean one of two things. The first is that the person has studied a little about Islam and has found its message so compelling that they have chosen to forsake other religions for the sake of worshipping Allah. It is a calling and an act of courage in today's world.

The second would be that they wish to join a fight, a cause, that is associated with acts of terrorism worldwide.

If you accept that premise, wouldn't it be natural to at the very least wonder what the motivations of a convert would be? Wouldn't it logically follow that a threatened government would seek to find which was which? Having found that someone just wants to worship as they wish, I have to believe that the government agencies simply don't want to waste their time because it's the government that's among those going to get blown up first in an act of terrorism. Remember, the Pentagon got hit on 9/11 also.

Maybe I'm naîve, I don't think so.

ML

9. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    And it is also believed that the plane that went down in PA was aiming for the White House or Capitol.........

I would urge our goverment to go ahead and do what they need to do. And if toes are stepped on in the meantime, so be it.

Toes can heal.

10. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    It is said that the few who are terrorists make it hard for the many, thus security checks, etc; however in terms of the subject of this thread, the few whose toes are stepped on are for the benefit of the many.

Liad Bar-EL