Double buzz!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetaddict, Jul 26, 2012.

1. trumpetaddict

trumpetaddict New Friend

Sep 3, 2010
    Does anyone know how to correct a double buzz, I've been dealing with it for over two weeks now, the worst part about this Is that I have marching band camp in three days! What happens is when I attempt to play an A sometimes a C# will come out. Or I'll get a double buzz anywhere between the concert F in the staff to concert Eb just on top the staff. Lastly I went through an embouchure change about 40 days ago because I was playing in the red and I had to learn to play with my lips in when playing because I have pretty robust chops and my teacher had to do an unexpected move. Is the double buzz part of the recovery period from the embouchure or does it mean that I'm doing something wrong ? And I don't have the money or time to find another teacher.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The typical cure for a double buzz is to lower your jaw very slightly. An embouchure change will often have side effects for quite a while. The double buzz should be easy to fix, and congratulations on making the change your teacher suggested.

Have fun!

3. trumpetaddict

trumpetaddict New Friend

Sep 3, 2010
    Thanks Vulgano Brother! I'll definitely give that a try!

4. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Usually changing elements in playing will stop it. Try these...

1. Less mouthpiece pressure.
    2. More mouthpiece pressure.
    3. Bring the bell down.
    4. Bring the bell up.
    5. Increase volume.
    6. Decrease volume.

Which component stops the double buzz is the area you need to focus on.
    Most often this happens when a player is tired.
    If this is the case, work on your endurance.