Doubling on Bone and Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Apr 29, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Many of you know my primary instrument in trombone. I do double on trumpet (usually 2nd or 3rd in church, etc.)

But wow, if you have broadband, you got to listen to this guy. He does what I cannot even imagine.

Trombone and Trumpet jazz man

M&C

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Why that two-faced son of a gun!

Great clip, thanks for the link.

3. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    That's Hot!

thanks

4. Welk

Welk New Friend

Jan 8, 2004
    Montréal, Canada
    God bless the F-trigger that allows him to do that! That is really kool.

The hottest thing I have done that is similar is playing 2 trumpet at the same time (same parts... now enough concentration to play a duet on my own). I had two trumpet (both with the worst embouchure you can have) one on each side left/right and I played Wipe out! Was really kool..... sound wasn't his best of course.... but was nice to try!

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I showed it to my wife last night (UCLA music grad BTW) and she asked, "How does he do that without moving the slide" -- of course the F-attachment makes it possible. You get above concert Bb (high C for you trumpet players) most of the notes can be played with the trigger.

He did move the slide a bit when playing some of the low tones -- even a few pedal tones. Geez, he is pretty good with the trumpet by itself. Add the trombone and it is amazing.

M&C