Doubling on trumpet and trombone

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by thaibo93, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
  2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  3. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Few trumpet players know slide positions and why buy a trombone in the first place?

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Baritones and Euphoniums use the same mouthpieces as a Trombone ... and still there is a learning curve. I still have my slide T-bone but have all but given up on it because after a lapse, my slides are no longer as accurate or as fast as they once were.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Perhaps so they could learn something new and become a better musician at the same time

6. casbonano

casbonano New Friend

Jun 17, 2011
    Neenah, WI
    Dido.

I've only been playing trumpet for a few months, but in between I have rented a trombone and a saxophone, and each has either deepened my love for the trumpet and/or taught me something in the process. The trombone taught me about breathing and the sax made me realize how much I genuinely enjoy the act of playing on the trumpet.

Plus, I learned how to read the bass clef a little better by trying out the trombone.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Casbonano - just keep playing -- and dont forget to Enjoy this musical journey ---- have a great evening

8. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Clarinet was my minor instrument in college and the trumpet my primary instrument.

I found that the clarinet embouchure and the alto sax embouchure did not help my trumpet playing. Playing a tenor sax or bari didn't seem to be a problem.

Anyone out there have the same experience?