Dream ITG?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetmike, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I would enjoy a repeat performance by the Mnozil Brass.

A real Brass Band from the U.K. would also be a treat.

Manny Laureano, but I think that will happen.

A performance by Joey DeFransisco on Trumpet and Hammond B3.

A Jazz or classical masterclass and performance by Noel Langely.

Detroit jazz legend Marcus Belgrave in concert and class.

The Basie Band in concert with that great trumpet section-
    Mike Williams-Lead
    Scotty Barnhart-jazz book
    Andre Rice and
    Shawn Edmonds
    THAT would be a trumpet player's treat!

That is my list of requests.

-cw-

2. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Andre is actually Endre, he's a Chicago guy and someone I've run into a lot (no damage done). And Shawn Edmonds is a graduate of the Merit School of Music, who (like me) went to Eastman. One of the greatest moments of my teaching career was at the New Trier Jazz Festival a few years back where my kiddies got to be a featured ensemble and Shawn Edmonds sat in with us. This was as a warm up act to the Basie band. I think February of 2004. The Basie band is to a big band what a Cadillac is to cars, big, smooth, powerful, swinging. And the whole section gets to solo, and they're all more than capable.

Michael McLaughlin

"Actions speaks louder than words but not nearly as often."
    Mark Twain

3. scream machine

scream machine Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2006
    Woodland, AL
    Re: ttfn

JAMES MORRISON, ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    The wonderful thing about tiggers is tiggers are wonderful things..... the tops are made of the rubber, the bottoms are made of the springs, the're bouncy flouncy bouncy flouncy fun fun fun fun, the wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one! ':D'

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Do you mind which?
    I am sure I could get a basic one together, but I am assuming you want to hear the likes of Black Dyke - if you haven't heard them live, you simply haven't heard the best of brass bands (and we should be talking the best here).

6. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    Wow, have I missed something or has anyone not mentioned Maurice Andre yet?

7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    He has stopped performing now and I think people are being realistic - if we are playing fantasy ITG (where you can hear any player from any time playing at their peak), this could be a whole new discussion - Bix, Louis, the list could go on forever

8. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    Oh sorry, please excuse me. I really had forgotten he has retired possibly because I listen to his recordings every day.

9. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    I know the feeling - one of my annoyances is that I will never hear him play live.

I am jealous of all those that did.

10. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Maurice Andre

When I was in Bozeman many years ago, I heard Maurice Andre put on a 2.5 hour concert. The accompanist was worn out. Maurice was just getting started. He autographed my program. I also heard Rampaul the same year.

I would like to hear again and again Michael Bradenvelt. I first heard him at the 1997 ITG. He played Taccota and Fuege in D minor, by our good friend Bach. He started on a high note. He also has a pretty cool arrangement of Queen of the Night by Wolfie M. (You all can decipher my spelling.)

I would want my Niece in Law to sing a recital with Micheal B. She could do Queen of the Night with him and trade 4's.