Drew a blank when asked if I had any questions...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PhatmonB6, Jul 30, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Manny after my lesson you asked me if I had any questions....I drew a blank and now that I have had time to think about it I do have some.....I am a fan of Timofie Dokshizer (sp) and am wondering if you could suggest some recordings that I would enjoy. Also I took your advise on a bigger mpce and contacted Monette I told them about the lesson and all they could say was how fortunate I was to have a lesson from you. The mpce maker(cant remember his name suggested the B2) Already I hear a big difference in sound and projection. Another question I had was when you were playing Fantaisie Brillante for us and having Brigitte and I keep time out loud while you played you made it seem so effortless ( ofcourse you are a pro) Is that a song that you have played alot? When is the last time you have played that in concert? I just think it is so beautiful and would really love to learn to play it with the feeling that you do.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for the kind words... it was a nice time for me having you both over.

There are a couple of Dokshitzer CDs that are collections of brief transriptions, for the most part, and those are my favorites to listen to. Very inspiring encore pieces that spur you to practice!

As far as the Fantasie, I've never performed it but have practiced it forever. I love these little solos because they're inspired by the operatic tradition of singing and that appeals to me.

Glad the mouthpiece is working out for you.

ML