DRUNK IRISH PRIEST! Can't stay out of Trouble!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by orchtrpt, Aug 30, 2004.

1. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    [​IMG]

Vanderlei de Lima of Brazil led the race from the halfway point of the 26.2-mile race, but was attacked about 22 miles into the race by a man dressed in a red kilt, green beret and green knee-high socks who ran out onto the street and grabbed him, forcing him off to the side of the road.

[​IMG] :lol:

According to an Associated Press report, the man was identified by police as Cornelius Horan, an Irish citizen, and had a statement on his shirt reading, "The Grand Prix Priest Israel Fulfillment of Prophecy Says the Bible." He pulled a similar stunt in July 2003 at the British Grand Prix Formula One car race, walking onto the racetrack and forcing cars to avoid him.

[​IMG]

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Uhh.... is there perhaps a wee bit of stereotyping there? "Drunk"? I haven't seen a single word in any of the reports on either incident that he was drunk. Oh sure, he "lost his frock"... but that's not quite the same thing. Did you perhaps mistakenly associate the word "Drunk" with "Irish"? Leigh is Irish, and he's no drunk! But then... he makes trumpets. :)

3. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    I have never heard of a drunk Irish Priest before so I don't think it is a stereotype. I just figured he must be drunk to pull that in the olympics and walk into a F1 race with cars going 200+ mph in a skirt. If he is a sober priest doing this stuff it is more frightening

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Then bad news, guy. He was supposedly sober. He's just one of those...er...mentally challenged people who sometimes live in a completely different world from this one.