Dry Chops

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bek, Sep 5, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That depends: Do you apply the hemp lip balm topically or do you smoke it? I always knew you to be creative!

Flapping loose lips will improve blood circulation with would then remove lactic acid, but you also do not want to scare off those blonde groupies, do you now?:dontknow:

2. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Haha.

1. Have you considered decaff?

2. The thought of licking my lips does not repulse me, and I do lick my lips, but only very occasionally...say, when eating delicious ice-cream, or similar treats.

3. Trumpet players don't usually tend to have a lot of hot-blonde groupies. And very few hot-blonde groupies will actually lick your lips. I mean...if by some vast miracle a trumpet player were to land a hot-blonde groupie, there would be lip-lip contact, tongue to tongue contact, but relatively little tongue to lip contact.

4. Licking your lips (as in not just occasionally, but in a constant manner, as a substitute for lip balm) dries them out quite terribly.

....This is a very strange thread.:shock:

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You take a natural substance then chemically treat it (or distill it) with an association made between decaff and pancreatic cancer, and ask me if I'd consider drinking it? What distilled product have you been taking?

If you were placed under a surveillance video, you would find this would not be true. So don't be going robbing any convenience stores in the near future, cause if I see you on it, I'll be sayin' "See, I told you so"!

What! You mean this isn’t supposed to be happening on my gigs? You sir, need the Love Doctor to give you trumpet lessons, and we will go way beyond long tones, slurs, scales... yep, we need to work on some tonguing technique!

This would go against the histology and physiology texts my colleagues lecture from for the course we teach to the medical students on mucosal membranes. Of course, I never review their texts as I only teach the lab component of the course. Seriously, I ONLY teach the lab course!

Would you expect anything less from the Doc!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    what if the blonde groupie applied the same cherry lip balm as you did prior to lip-lip contact -- then your lips would be doubly protected -- and also there is a consensus among trumpet players that "kissing" is a substitute for a WARM LIP MASSAGE to stimulate blood flow --- Of course you could massage your lip with your tongue or your thumb, but a pretty blonde groupied ---well she might be well versed in LIP MASSAGE, which is a very very technical procedure --- in my opinion ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I will not reach this consensus, as different muscle groups are used in kissing than in playing. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE for a good warm up with just the mouthpiece and the horn. As for stimulation of blood flow, the primary area of stimulated blood flow, Kingtrumpet, is NOT in the region of the lips! Another physiology clarification from your trumpet doctor.