Dry lips?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Myshilohmy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Roflroflrofl

2. guadarrama

guadarrama New Friend

Jul 25, 2011
    CA
    Lol water water water water water! Its What Your body needs to function normally! Stick to water. Not even diet or sports drinks those are horrible as well.

3. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Soda will kill you. I'm absolutely certain that diet soda had a LOT to do with me getting diagnosed with Diabetes.

4. brad361

brad361 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2008
    Don't know it Mountain Dew is causing the problem, but I believe it does have a fairly high amount of caffeine, which IS a diuretic.

Brad361

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The only soft beverage I know of that the label advertises as being caffiene free is one of the Coca-Colas. Too, most diet beverages contain aspartame as also marketed as NutriSweet(R). I've a personal horror story about such, but you can read about this product on the internet. I am diabetic and with my Doc's approval I do limit my use of Splenda(R) as a sweetener. In some markets Coca-Coca also markets their diet type made with such. Occasionally, I have one or two Murray brand cookies also made with Splenda(R). Yes, I even buy a sweet pickle relish made with it. I can't remember the last time I had a drink of soda of any kind, and that was to pop my sugar when I was feeling a glucose drop.

Anybody tried BioTene(R) products for dry mouth / lips?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012