Dublin Brass Week 2016

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dublintpt, Mar 1, 2016.

1. dublintpt

dublintpt New Friend

Apr 19, 2014
    Dublin
    Hi All - My annual post to let players know about Dublin Brass Week!

Dublin Brass Week will take place from 27-30 June 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
    Full information available at www.dublinbrassweek.com but a short summary below of the festival and what players can expect.

Applications open today (1 March) and closing date for applications is 1 June however there are only 10 places available and applications will likely close early.

Dublin Brass Week offers an intensive yet varied schedule of events for performance and learning in multiple settings.
    DBW16 includes masterclasses, individual lessons, concerts, ensembles, lectures, DBW Concerto Competition & screened orchestral audition class.

DBW16 Faculty: Reinhold Friedrich, Kristian Steenstrup & Mike Lovatt

Looking forward to a great festival this summer, we have had players travel from across the globe and have welcomed many from the USA each year to Dublin and looking forward to continuing the tradition this June.

All of our up to date info is at the website above and news can be found on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DublinBrassWeek if you give it a quick "like" it will keep you up to date on faculty news and videos!

Very best wishes from Dublin and feel free to ask any questions below and I will respond as best I can! :thumbsup:

David

2. dublintpt

dublintpt New Friend

Apr 19, 2014
    Dublin
    Re: Dublin Brass Week 2016 - accommodation requests

Hi all,

Just a quick addition to note that we organise host accommodation with local Irish families and there is only an admin fee of €50 for us to organise 5 nights accommodation in Dublin during the festival for players travelling from abroad.
    Places are limited and but even if all local hosts are full by the time you apply we can also organise discounted B&B locally too for successful applicants!

Best wishes and let me know if any questions!

David

3. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Hi David,

I've been interested to hear about this over the last few years but just haven't been in Ireland about that time of year.

I wonder if anybody who is also considering attending the European Trumpet Master Meet in Austria (also in June) might want to swing by Dublin as well?

Kind regards,
    --bumblebee