E.F. Durand Trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Lamkin, Apr 2, 2013.

1. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Has anyone heard of E.F. Durand Brass Trumpets? If so what are they all about? I'm considering purchasing a D/Eb trumpet from them. I would like to get some feedback about their reputation as trumpet makers before I spend my money.

Thanks'
    John

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Have never heard of them before - and I hear quite a bit about trumpets. But perhaps some other TMer is more knowledgeable. At any rate, TM is the place to ask for info.

Edit post

Just read an earlier TM comment. Seems that EF Durand is just a French name for a Chinese company. But it seems as well that they are not too bad. Perhaps you might just search for Durand in the TM database.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  3. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
  4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    It does come with white gloves. No fortune cookie though:-(

5. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    a quick story that is really really true.....all the other keyed trumpets have intonation issues...even more so than your Bb.....
    I play a yamaha C and there are issues....yet not much as when I play my Bach G or my Bach Bb piccolo or even my Eb/D trumpet....

a $166 dollar Eb/D trumpet IMO is hardly the way to go and is not practical unless you are just going to mess around with the thing!

Peace!!

6. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    Reticent. Oh, yes, I am reticent!

7. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I have their pocket trumpet, and I've played some of their other horns. DO NOT BUY THEM. The pocket was beyond repair when I got it, valves and slides didn't fit, the intonation was a nightmare...so on etc...The same thing with the other horns, you're wasting your money.

8. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Thanks guys! I'm keeping my money till I find one that plays well but is not too expensive. I won’t be using it that much (I play mostly jazz), but when I do, which is usually on my church gigs, I want one that sounds good and will play reasonably in tune!

9. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    Hello old friend how are you. I saw your youtube video playing the preacher nice

10. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Thank you Dennis. Check out the "Hard Bop Grand Pop" video. You might like that one too!