Early Mornings

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by skankin'dan, Oct 14, 2007.

1. omelet

omelet Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2007
    charleston, sc
    nothing like a couple of beers, that'll get the piss flowing... ;)

2. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    HAHA! the pee thing thats great, and it's worth a shot! Its at no expense to me (i mean i dont pay for OJ and a bathroom trip is a bathroom trip). My only concern is that I won't have enough "juice" to let er rip 3 times before 10:41.

I also agree with the mental aspect of it. Since it's been a part of my playing I just think I can't and in the end won't. But this peeing stuff, it's given me hope, thanks everyone!

3. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    I have the same problem when I play in church Sun mornings. I've tried everything short of getting up at 3:00am. The only thing that has even remotely helped is doing about 20 mins of cardio to get the blood and oxy flowing. The pee thing makes alot of sense. I'll try it this Sun. and let you know how it did.

4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    As a victim of chronic renal failure,( kidney failure ), I wish that I had such options. I take a humungous amount of a dyuretic every day just to be able to pee and to reduce the excess fluid retained in my grossly obese body. Like Wilmer I just get up and play my horn, no matter how I feel. I have to admit that the making of music does make me feel somewhat better.

OLDLOU>>

5. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi,

TMI

Too much information......

At my age, I can't wait seven or eight hours between going to sleep and going to the loo! I should practice my horn in the middle of the night. LOL

I do play better when I can concentrate on playing, not on visiting the "necessary" room. ;-)

Best wishes,

Lloyd

6. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004
    This is true , I know a doctor that is a very fine trumpet player and he has said basically the same thing it has something to do with the metabolism, he say that you should drink some water in the morning, but coffee or juice would do the same thing , and he said the same thing about going to the restroom two or three times.

7. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    I heard about a doctor/trumpet player doing a clinic on this at NTC 2 or 3 years ago. Are we thinking about the same guy?

8. rickperon

rickperon New Friend

Jan 17, 2007
    Tucson, AZ

Yes sir! Especially if someone is paying you to sound good!
    What has helped me is to start flapping & buzzing your lips lightly through out the morning. Whether you get up and go for a walk, like I try to do most mornings, or while your getting around (in the shower, before breakfast etc.)
    Rick