Earth, Wind & Fire

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Apr 14, 2012.

1. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Why sing when you can take someone else's music, delete the vocals, and rap over it, then call yourself an "artist".... I am showing my age, but some day these people are going to wake up when they get to my age and say "My generation was cheated out of music." Every romance I had growing up I could associate with popular songs of the day. When I hear those songs it triggers waves of nostalgia....

2. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    A good horn band these days is Here Come The Mummies! Check out their 'Undead Live' CD.

3. catello

catello Pianissimo User

Dec 14, 2009
    Winter Park, FL
    I recently downloaded the Carnal Carnival album by Mummies - it's a lot of fun, and surprisingly good (IMO). The Heavy also made decent use of horns on their album The House that Dirt Built. There are some modern bands out there really thinking about the music and not just sampling/producing their way into a song.

4. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Sterling, you know 'Here Come The Mummies!'? Ha, thought they were just a regional thing. I opened for them awhile back in Knoxville. They did this fun New Orleans style march from outside the venue in full 'undead' regalia with marching snares, winding through the crowd and then up onstage to start the set. The college crowd loves them.

EWaF are great, I think we're doing 'September' in a few weeks although I'll be singing for that, not playing horns.