EBay Descriptions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BigDub, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    NO,NO,NO!!! You are mistaken!! That is the Bulgarian model of the T602! Here's proof that in Bulgaria, everything goes on top of the lead pipe!! This may actually be a VERY rare instrument!

Getzen ETERNA USA Bb Trumpet 900L - eBay (item 330590420097 end time Jul-28-11 13:08:40 PDT)

You can thank me later for pointing this out. Let us know how it plays!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    There's a guy on eBay that always has the same line. Something like....my great uncle left it to me. This ( insert instrument type here ) had repair tags where my great uncle had noted what area needed repair. He does this for trumpets, flutes, maybe a kazoo or two as well. Another favorite is that this trumpet always plays in perfect tune ( isn't that all of our goals ! ). Lastly, the SGW guy that stated that although he doesn't play the trumpet...it does make a noise and looks really nice ! Shucks....it'll make a " noise " when you drop it in the clearance bin. KerrrThunk. ROFL ROFL

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
  5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I believe the 1950 Super Olds I got for less than $300 bucks stated. No Reserve, valves push down, but don't come up (mmmm how were they up so that he could push them down in the first place???? ROFL) --very old rare OLDS trumpet, but slides all sort of move - none stuck, but can't get the one closest to the mouthpiece to work (they all move or they don't ? ROFL). Horn and case is dirty, horn hasn't been played in a very long time, but don't know when (then how can it be a long time?). I have many pictures to show the horn is old and dirty.
    COOL - these are the things to pick up on folks -- the seller knew he had a "valuable horn" according to others -- but he downgraded the horn so much that nobody wanted it.

a when Kingtrumpet got it a few minutes out of the packaging - some oil, some grease -- AWESOME HORN -- everything works and sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    From now on, nobody, except KingTrumpet should use- ROFL.
    He uses enough for everybody, and this way he has his own special "look" to his comments.
    What does everyone think about this proposal? Not you KingTrumpet. It's about you but you can't vote.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think you should do a poll post and we will let the people decide!:bravo:

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Bring on the poll. :woop::bleah:

Turtle

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Not sure of the technique for starting a TM poll thread. Just a non-Trumpet related thread?

Would I need special dispensation from the Moderators????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::shhh::shhh:

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia

I don't know. Send a PM to Rowuk and he'll set you up (or down). Until you do, ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL is still fair game!!! ROFLROFL