EBay Descriptions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BigDub, Apr 29, 2011.

1. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
  2. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, Steve, getting past the shade's the real problem:lol:

I thought I was the only one to get called a bassador at times:dontknow:

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I think you would have no problem playing that lamp cornet if you can play that tiny little trumpet!:laughwave:

BigDub

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Here's another that needs no comment.
    OLDS AMBASSADER CLARINET#386826,HARMON MUTE,BLESSING MP
    I'm no expert but the picture looks more like a trumpet than a clarinet....:shock:

5. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    Listen, no one beats Goodwill's "brass" instrument section. Yesterday, it had the usual saxophones, plus a flute and a PA system!

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    All right, all right- let's not get testy now, although that is a good one, it's not eBay after all! And we're just sharing funny stuff, not can-you-top-this-loser-goes-home, right? :D

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I had to add another weird description for an "Adult size Getzen Eterna 700 SIlver plated horn" .
    I'm not sure but I think they are ALL adult size, aren't they??????

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Here's a new one, I know the post is old, but this couldn't be left out. Warning: there are a few typos......:roll: And you may ask the same question I did, if you don't know the first thing about it, why'd you buy it at a "state" sale, and of course what is a "state" sale?..... but that's another question.

Here it is:

FIRST THING FIRST, I BOUGHT THIS TRUMPET AT A STATE SALE, I DON'T KNOW ANY THING ABBOUT MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO BLOW IN IT,DON'T KNOW IF IT IS WORKING PROPERLY. SO I WILL DESCRIBE IT TO YOU THE BEST I CAN.

BY LOOKING AT IT YOU CAN TELL THAT WHO EVER OWN THIS INSTRUMENT WAS A VERY ACTIVE MUSICIAN BECUSE THE SILVER IS ALL WEARE OUT ON THE PLACES WHERE YOU HOLD IT TO PLAY YOU CAN SEE THE SHINING BRASS. THE CASE I BELIEVE IS THE ORIGINAL CASE AND IS IN GREAT SHAPE. THERE IS FOUR MOUTH PIECES.ONE HAS NO MARKINGS THE OTHER AS DESCRIBE,(CONNSTELLATION7B-N- GIARDINELLI-NEW YORK G.C.-CONNSTELLATION7C-N.THERE IS TWO THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE HORNS, THE TALL RED AND BEIGE SAID ON THE LABEL, NEW STONE LINED FLUGEL HORN STRAIT-MUTE HUMES&BERG EAST CHICAGO, THE SHORT ONE SAID RAY ROBINSON CUP MUTE ALWAYS IN TUNE MADE IN USA. THERE IS A FEW OTHER SMALL PARTS AS YOU CAN SEE ON THE PICTURE. LIKE I SAID I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING MORE ABOUT IT, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK ME. THIS IS THE WAY I BOUGHT IT AND THIS IS THE WAY IM SELLING IT.THIS ITEM FOR SALE AS IT IS, LOOK AT THE PICTURE BEFORE YOU BET ON IT. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

NOW THE I LOOK AT IT GOOD IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING THERE IS A SMALL SPOT OF WELDING ON THE SIDE,LIKE SOMETHING WAS ATTACH THERE, IT MAY BE ONE OF THE EXTRA PARTS IN THE CASE BUT I'M NOT SURE, LIKE I SAID I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS INSTRUMENTS. LOOK AT PICTURES BEFORE YOU BET. SALE AS IT IS

9. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    A brass smith in the marines......