ebay fraud..again!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rettepnoj, Jan 25, 2010.

1. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
  2. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    How can you tell?

3. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Private listing, EXTREME low price, new seller, zero feedbacks!
    And the seller is from England! Same as the other Monette frauds on ebay! Can't say 100% sure, but be carefull..;-)

Contact the seller, and ask for the serial number! Then check the number with Dave Monette! He know's what kind of horn, who owns it, and probably where it is..:-)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  4. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Yeah, I'm not bidding on anything of that value from a 0 feedback user.

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Rettepnoj sez about Ebay:
    Ask the seller for the serial number then check the number.
    --------------
    That's about the best advice I've heard in a long time when it comes to purchasing a quality musical instrument over the internet. By getting the serial number from the seller(whether its a guitar or a Bach trumpet) a person can research the number on the web or check with the manufacturer to help insure against fraud. Excellent advice Rettepnoj!!

6. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Hello,have e-mailed this E-Bay auction to the Monette company. Have sent the E-Bay seller a request for the complete serial # on this Trumpet. Would not hurt for the rest of us to do the same. See if we all get the same serial #. If not can immediately report to E-Bay. If I recieve a Serial # will share with all of you. I know very little about Monette horns,maybe one of you will know how to search out the serial # info. Pays for all of us to watch out for these scammers. Good luck to all.

7. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Check out the bidding history. I don't know much about ebay but, can they all be private?

8. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Fraud listing are privte almost every time! They probably bid in the beginning, to get the auction started, and to look real!!

9. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Send the serial number to Monette! You get answer asap! They know everything about the horn..:-) Off course, it may have been sold private before! But I have checked two times with Monette, and both times it was another horn than what was listed on ebay..:-)

If you are in doubt about the listing, ask the seller about local pick up! If it's a fraud, you will get a ton of stupid excuses!

10. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    I guess the old advice"If it seems too good to be true,it probably is" applies here. Thanks for the heads up. Where does the fraud enter the picture? Send in payment and the money goes down a huge sinkhole and,of course no horn?:-(