eBay funny

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by operagost, Aug 10, 2011.

1. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    You think maybe this guy should read his own copy?
    RARE SCHILKE - MI - 1981 EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT TRUMPET | eBay

Buy it now? $1,499.99. :dontknow:

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    LOL! That's a $200 horn if they are lucky!

Same guy trued to sell it a few months ago.... and in THAT listing cut & pasted the text where they said the M1's was a POS horn and not nearly as good as a "real" Schilke. Looks like they edited that out this time!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  3. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Maybe offer him $149.00. Then we laugh and laugh. No trumpet case,missing part. May need valve work,due to the yamaha valve curse.

What a stupid Ad. Like he is looking for a Sucker Buyer like himself. He might be the one that bought it for $750.00. After finding out what he had bought. Laughed himself crazy.

4. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    in the mid-80s an older gentleman [which I now am one] had one in a community band I played in. He let me play it a couple of times and the horn played very well. Would I pay $1,500 for one, no way but $500 would be a fair price if it played as well as the one I played in the 80s.

5. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    I follow ebay US, GB, Germany and France on a daily base. This Schilke M I know for I think over 2 years. Schilke is a little bit an inside brand. So the market for these instruments is relatively small AND well informed.
    So the chance that anybody will pay around 1500 bucks for it is about the same when buying a ticket in the state-lottery.
    On the ebay-sites are a lot of this kind of "wallflowers".
    On the German site is a Kr├╝ger trumpet for almost three years. And on all the sites some VB's 37 for moree than you will pay in a shop.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    That's the experimental M1 they built in Roswell ...... Shhhhhhhh ...... there are rumors that it was built for the aliens. They played it, and they liked it.:shock:

Heck, it's a bargain.:dontknow:

Turtle

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    So your sayin' he got it from an alien? It was made too late to be in the Star Wars Cantina scene. BTW, I HATE cut and paste descriptions. Tells me they don't know what they are talking about. :lol:

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    No, it was built FOR the aliens. Apparently, they were unable to hit a Double C with it and so they moved on, looking for a planet with better engineers.

They simply didn't believe us when we told them IT'S THE ALIEN, NOT THE HORN.:lol:ROFL

Turtle

tobylou8 likes this.
  9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I heard the aliens were required to have a safety analog back up horn to suppliment their electrical one in case of a power failure ... so they shopped Shilke as they though Bach was over priced

10. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    I'm glad they didn't buy one of the Chinese or Indian TSOs. We all would have been vaporized for sure.