eBay Lets Us Trumpeters Down...Yet Again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Fatso DiMARTINo, Jun 7, 2009.

1. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
  2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I Rest my case.......:-?

3. Fatso DiMARTINo

Fatso DiMARTINo Pianissimo User

Jun 6, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Yikes! Probably a lot of hammering and banging and smoothing going on, huh?

4. Fatso DiMARTINo

Jun 6, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Great video, thanks!

5. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    No problem on the video.....

I understand your frustration.....When the advertising says "no dents" what else would you expect? I'd chalk it up to experience and be happy I got a sweet deal on a dynamite horn.....

If you're still really feeling down....I'll be glad to take it off your hands for the price you paid for it. ;)

6. Fatso DiMARTINo

Jun 6, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    vntgbrslvr, thanks. And I do see the wink there. But actually, I'd love you to have it if not for the fact that selling off of eBay would deprive me of the delicious satisfaction of knowing the slimeball liar knows I made a profit on it!:evil::evil::evil: you know, I might even send her one of those friendly eBay e-mails where you send the link to "a friend"ROFL Not a thing eBay can do about that--it's simply using one of their promotional features.:cool:

You know, I had an idea I just didn't have the heart to try. If she were to agree with sending a full refund, as per PayPal's Protection, since she has to sign for delivery, I'd send an empty box with something in it for weight; the moment she signs, PayPal refunds. They even told me she can not refuse the package or claim it was damaged. Once she signs, I am refunded.

But like I say, though it woulda fixed her wagon, and though I might've even returned the money (!), it just ain't right to do.:-?

7. Fatso DiMARTINo

Jun 6, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    And yes, I got a sweet deal over all. She also knew I would only accept a partial refund to pay for dent removal. Thus she played it smart and offered full refund in our PayPal claim, knowing I'd decline. Matter of fact, while I was filling out the online forms to decline, some mediator at PayPal must have thought she/he was doing me a favor by ending the claim after she offered full refund--even though my original claim's wording was I'd only accept partial refund.

But yes sweet deal.

Thanks again for everyone's insights.:play::thumbsup:

8. Fatso DiMARTINo

Jun 6, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Postscript... Well, tomorrow's a big day for my 60B. Rochester's you da man! will be removing those tiny dents, and I'm getting the horn "Texas flushed" for free. I did bathe it but there remained a green mold coating through the lead pipe into the main slide. This horn plays like--I mean, it's a serious horn, truly Conn's last great Elkhart trumpet development. So in tune and uniform up and down, screamin' or tender. I've played many Conns, and the swan song 60B seems to me to fitingly be the culmination of many of Conn's greats like the 22B and Connstellation. In that sense, the 60B truly was the "Super Connstellation." Not so sure I'll sell afterall. But I can't help thinking, that green coating inside may be somewhat like having a lacquer coating there, so to speak.

:play: <<<That's me...on a good day!

Oh, yes, and Tuesday will be a great day also. My two-week eBay suspension is up, and I'll be in the studio doing a bit on "'Round Midnight" for an upcoming CD by vocalist Diane Armesto. I just may take along my sparkling clean, disinfected, Texasized 60B!:-P

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009