Ebay sale gone bad...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Osren, Jan 26, 2013.

You Make the Call - what would you do in my situation?

1. Nothing, accept that the seller screwed up and be happy that he refunded the money.

87.5%
  2. Accept that he screwed up but leave negative or neutral feedback on Ebay.

6.3%
  3. Goto Ebay resolution and TRY to get him to ship the item. He Screwed up, not me.

6.3%
  1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Do you think the seller listed the item for 99 cents maliciously, or do you think it was an honest mistake?

I appreciate you disappointment. I might be a little disappointment, if it happened to me. But it sounds like it was an honest mistake. So if you decide to press the issue, then I would say that you would be the one trying to scam the seller.

Mike

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I would let it go.

3. Mountainear

Mountainear New Friend

Dec 30, 2012
    WV
    Yeah, I found a Bach tr300, fairly new, appeared to one owner and in good condition, new seller to ebay, 0 feedback. After winning it for $100.00, seller said she had wanted $450.00 or more out of it. I left neutral feedback and comment that seller was unfamiliar with ebay. I hope that wasn't too punitive. Now, more recently just got a Yamaha ycr2310 from ebay, seller listed it as a ycr2310II, improved version. I didn't bother to research differences before hand. I got it for 104.00 plus shipping, with some surface wear and dings, asked for $25.00 back, he countered with 20.00, I countered with 15.00, he seems okay with that, I intend on leaving positive fdback with small note.

4. Osren

Osren Mezzo Forte User

Oct 17, 2010
    Mesa, Az
    Thanx for all the replies... my initial feeling was to just let it go... then I wondered what everyone else would do.

I will just let it go... I knew when I did the Buy It Now that is was WAY too good to be true, I mean who does a Buy It Now OR Best Offer and starts at .99!??!?

Thanx all!

5. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Nobody. The guy intended it as the opening bid but screwed up his sales preferences. I know, I've done it!
    Do me and yourself a favor. Put FeePay on hold and use one of the nationwide Craigslist search engines. I've gotten many great deals that way. Not everyone is on FeePay old Sport.