ECLIPSE CONTEST UPDATE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 15, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    With only a couple of weeks to go i have decided that the standard of the entries so far are fantastic!
    Many people have gone out of there way to enter and win the horn of their dreams.
    I appreciate this! so much so that i along with the other Eclipse judges are going to find it very difficult to choose a winner, but choose we must!

And there can only be one 1st place!

However there is no reason why there cannot be a second and third place is there?

SO that is exactly what is going to happen.

Here's the deal:-

1st place :- the custom horn (unchanged and as advertised)

2nd place:- a trumpet,cornet or flugel totaly overhauled
    And then,
    Re-lacquered in any lacquer finish we do
    OR Re-plated (YES THIS DOES INCLUDE FULL GOLD PLATE!)

we can change a plated instrument into lacquer or lacquered into plate.

3rd place :- As above, including all the lacquer options, but only including
    silverplate

We will pay the shipping and insurance costs for the return journey's to the winners of 2nd and 3rd place.
    Also as an added bonus both 2nd and 3rd place will be able to choose a double trumpet gig bag or a trumpet and flugel gigbag to send their overhauled instrument back to them in

Shipping to us must be paid by the winners otherwise it becomes complicated. I think it goes to around 30 to 40 dollars or so? someone will probably know more about that than me!
    I am sure that this will not offend people as they will be getting work carried out that costs a great deal more than this.

If you have not seen examples of our repair work then ask some of the other members who have.

The prizes do not have a cash equivalent, the repair prizes will be valid for a year from the date the prizes are awarded.

The 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded for any one of a number of reasons! comedy content, a good idea, storytelling,whatever.... you get the idea, basically WHATEVER BLOWS OUR FROCKS UP!

I am looking forward to seeing more entries of course, ensuring that we have a good enough response to do this again next year.

Regards and best of luck to you all

Leigh

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    WOW! :shock:

This Aweomse Contest just got EVEN BETTER

Thanks for doing this on the TM Leigh!

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Holy spit-valves Batman! :shock:

You guys really are unbelievable!

Too cool for words!

Greg

4. Friendly Horn Player

Friendly Horn Player New Friend

Jan 2, 2004
    Oregon
    Some sort of prize needs to be awarded to Leigh!

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Ggggaaaaaack! Now there are going to be two more folks who have "died and gone to Heaven"! Folks, I don't know how but somehow we have to make certain that Leigh gets repaid for all of his kindness in this. Let's all make certain we get the word out about his incredible skills and craftsmanship and COMPETITIVE PRICES! Especially for his overhaul/rebuild work!

(Could it be that he's trying to make a "preemptive strike" on the volume of coffee he'd otherwise have to drink to decide ONE ONLY winner?)

No matter.....win, lose or draw.....a huge "THANK YOU LEIGH". May the road rise to meet your feet.

6. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    I have always told people how "great" Leigh has treated me. If anyone doubted this, well...doubt no more. What a tremendous gesture!!!

All the best.

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    All rightee. I've posted the update in TPIN, TPO and TH. Let's watch those registrations take off! Leigh, we'll find you as much advertising as we can...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Sucks to be TM. I can't enter this contest. :cry:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

9. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Shazamm,

Leigh that's fantastic! You da man!

Skip

10. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    :D
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Leigh and good luck to all. Cannot wait to see the finished works of art, whatever they may be!!