Eclipse Cornet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by dbrock06, Jan 16, 2006.

1. dbrock06

dbrock06 New Friend

Jan 16, 2006
    jut visited the eclipse factory to try the new cornet.what a friendly lot of staff. no pressure selling in this company just people who areproud of there products. tried all the competition before visiting but this cornet in my humble opinion isoutstanding in build and blow. have now recieved my new cornet in 24 ct gold plate blows a dream if you are thinking of changing your cornet put the eclipse in the mix.thanks to the staff for a very enjoyable day

2. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi dbrock

Welcome aboard Trumpetmaster!

Glad to have you at our workshops and i am glad that the cornet is working for you.

Best Wishes

Leigh

3. trumpetpat

trumpetpat Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2005
    Maine
    have any pics to show off??

4. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone interested in checking out the cornet in a far too brief clip you can click http://www.putfile.com/jazzmanta and hear the red brass model.

Leigh's cornets are absolutely stunning and play better than any other cornet I've touched.

-T

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    For those of you who were not in the chatroom with Leigh last night, you missed the first pictures of the latest cornet to be completed - in a beautiful sexy finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It plays BETTER than it looks

6. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As Paris would say:

THAT's HOT! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love the Red Brass Cornet. I think I'd just play Cornet if I had an Eclipse in my hands (and could get away with it on gigs... come on, Thad Jones could.. why can't I do it?)

:dontknow:

-T

PS: Mike is right, it does play better than it looks. It's amazing.

7. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    I got to get me one of those....

Looks sweet, and I'm betting it plays like a dream

8. horndevil

horndevil New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    England
    It does play like a dream. I tried all 3 cornets and found the Red brass to produce the sound I prefer. The valves were wonderfull, the slotting was spot on, as was the intonation throughout the scale. I've never played such a responsive cornet.

The trumpets and Flugels are seriously good too. I had so much fun when I visited Leigh last month.