Eclipse & Monette mpcs

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Yakeko, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Yakeko

Yakeko New Friend

Jan 9, 2004
    Finland
    Hi. I'm using Prana B2 and C2 mouthpieces and I really like them. But guess what I'm going to buy my first own C trumpet soon! :-) I have heard so many good things about eclipse trumpets that now I'm seriously considering a buy one. Does anyone know how Monette mouthpieces and Eclipse trumpets are working together? I've heard that Eclipse trumpets plays better in tune but so does my mouthpieces.. so is there someting wrong with this setting?

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a Prana B4S that I sometimes use on my LR. It produces the warmest sound imaginable while still being "trumpety". The Eclipse horn and Monette mouthpiece match up GREAT! Feel free to email me offlist if you have any questions.

What model are you looking into?

Best and happy hunting,

Trent
    :D

3. ronald wilk

ronald wilk New Friend

Mar 25, 2004
    Florida
    Eclipse and Monette MP's

Hi:

Just thought I would make note of my own experience with the above combo, specifically, an Eclipse LY and Monette STC 1 B6.

I found evidence suggestive of a gap mismatch that caused problems with range achievement that resolved immediately following substitution with a more standard MP in place of the Monette.

The B6, on the other hand, does an admirable job on my WT. Perhaps there is some variability within the Monette stable, and of course, there is considerable variability among player's experiences with MP/horn combinations. :D

4. chas

chas New Friend

Jan 12, 2005
    Dude, did you take English Lit and Grammar lesons with Alan Greenspan or something???

:D

Charles

5. ronald wilk

ronald wilk New Friend

Mar 25, 2004
    Florida
    Grammar

Sorry Charles, I failed to assess the potential audience but perhaps when you grow up and graduate high school, your use and comprehension of the english language as well as your vocabulary will improve beyond the pejorative "dude."

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Re: Grammar

ROFL

That is priceless. Is "dude" really pejorative? Probably more colloquial than pejorative. I saw an interview where a kid was asked what his favorite adjective was. The answer, "dude." As in, "that game was really dude." Or better yet, "the is the most dude dude I have ever met."

:?:

Jim

7. djm6701

djm6701 Pianissimo User

'Dude' isn't perjorative at all; it's just a synonym for 'pal' or 'friend'. :-)

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!

Eh?

9. ronald wilk

ronald wilk New Friend

Mar 25, 2004
    Florida
    Dude

Gentlemen:

Although the term "dude" may be imputed, in the colloquial sense, to one's buddy, it has also been used in a negative sense, for example, in the course of an argument, in which case, it may have a negative connotation; hence the use of the word PEJORATIVE in the context of the prior post!

I refer you to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition of said word:
    1: a man extremely fastidious in dress and manner: DANDY
    2: a city dweller unfamiliar with life on the range
    3: fellow, guy
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, today's youth (my age has long since precluded me from that group) has, with some exceptions, an abysmally poor grasp of the English language and, regardless of their intellectual potential, chooses to emulate those whose educational aspirations can be calculated to a negative exponent.

In any event, it would seem that a forum such as this should be devoted to the discussion of topics heralded by its name, Trumpet. Unfortunately, the structure of this forum does not make it possible for a participant to gauge the age of various members and as a result, the single factor that is consistently portrayed as a requirement of the youth, respect, is not properly afforded to their elders.

It was not my intent to incite a discussion of semantics, as this clearly is not the proper venue, however, I found it necessary, during a moment of outrage, to respond to what I viewed as an unwarranted criticism of an admittedly verbose statement.
    I rest my case.

10. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London

Dude...