eclipse trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sauer, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    out of my own curiosity as i browse the forums, i am wondering what the deal about eclipse trumpets are. Me, being young, haven't heard of them yet, just wondering, are they the best of the best?

2. Walter

Walter Piano User

Sep 11, 2006
    Hi Sauer

If you do a little search around past threads on Eclipse you will find a wealth of information....I am sure there are many TM's who would say they are the best of the best but mostly qualified by IMHO. Others would argue strongly for their make of trumpet.....the answer will always come down to...what is best for you...... How long have you been playing the trumpet?

Walter

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Well think of it this way...

Eclipse's are custom horns. If you ever had the chance to play one you'd understand it completely. They play like nothing I've ever played and are at the top of my wish list in a major way.

They are not like the horns that you would buy at the local music store which are assembly line horns that if your lucky play Ok. Eclipse's have an individual, unique personalty all their own. When you play one it has an intoxicating effect on you. Leigh and the fella's at Eclipse are master craftsmen and it's for this very reason that Eclipse's are highly thought of...

IMHO! :-)

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Enter the contest, win one, and find out. Or find a dealer or owner close to you and try one. That's really the only way to know if they are right for you. One thing I'll echo is John's comment that "...custom horns. If you ever had the chance to play one you'd understand it completely". I suggest that this is true to a greater or lesser extent for ALL of the truly skilled craftsmen building instruments one-at-a-time.

YMMV :-)

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Saur,

There is a dealer who is about 10 minutes away from where you live.

If you would like to try an Eclipse, send me...er him a message and you probaly can try one.

-cw-

Part of my entry in the contest last year was to allow anyone who desired to, the opportunity to play the winning prize.

-cw-

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  6. Sauer

Sauer Pianissimo User

Mar 20, 2007
    what store, eastside music?

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Check your PMs and call me.

-cw-