Eclipse Trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bengela7, Nov 8, 2011.

1. bengela7

bengela7 Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2011
    Georgia, US
    How good are the eclipse trumpets:play:

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I believe that they are works of art, and honestly I haven't played a horn that could even compare to it. Well, maybe a few Monette's but the Eclipse....well....eclipses the competition. That being said, the player makes the horn, not the other way around.

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    IMO among the best. I visited the factory 3 1/2 years ago, Leigh was just back from his summer holidays and did not have any in stock, he worked day and night to get three models up to playing for me to try the day before I returned to Aus. I was impressed so much by them I ordered one with the MS bell and interchangeable leadpipes. Three months later a beautiful gold plated instrument arrived.

Since receiving, it is the only horn I am playing, all the others are just sitting, Bach Mt Vernon, Olds Recording, various Selmers, Conn 38B. I think the Eclipse is far superior in all respects.

Regards, Stuart.

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Wow Stuart - that's a BIG call.

5. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I love all my horns, the Eclipse is the first new horn I have had in 25 years, all the others are over 30 years old.

Only playing Big Band at the moment, play Selmer Radials when playing in orchestra.

Regards, Stuart.

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    You do realize that you openly admitted on a trumpet forum that you have an Old's Recording just sitting ... isn't there some sort of rule against that?

7. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I am waiting until I have a spare $6-700 to send the Recording to Kanstal for refurbishment, in fairly good condition mechanically, no dings or signs of ever been repaired the lacquer is almost completly worn off from use, I am not fond of raw brass.

Regards, Stuart.

8. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I think that is the only time ol' Zig cracks a smile is when he gets to work on one of his old gems

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

Tom Green will do it for $450! I would hope for that price you can get the job going so that horn isn't "eclipsed" by another.

Actually on reading your posts, I come away with the feeling that Eclipse is the NEW vintage horn. Your posts are great in convincing me of this from your personal experience. Thanks so much!

10. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I tried one a couple years ago and it didn't live up to the hype.
    It played like a decent horn, nothing more or less.