Eclipse Website

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Castle Bravo, Dec 9, 2003.

Would you like to see a page on the Eclipse site committed to the different bell options, complete w

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have other ideas (post below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Here's your chance....tell me what's on your mind!

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Would there be any value of posting mp3 files for each bell and sound description? :|

Liad Bar-EL

3. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Good idea...
    There would be great value if the recordings were of a high quality, otherwise sound nuances would be completely lost. I will look into it...

4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I am thinking that I will have to take back my suggestion. Maybe a live performance is the only way to tell the difference because I am not sure one can tell from a recording. It seems easier for the player to tell the difference than a listener even in a live performance.

I don't know how many bell/sound combinations you have but if you go with the recordings, then put them next to and from one extreme to the other so that one can tell the difference.

Good luck,

Liad Bar-EL

5. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Well put. There are (correct me if I'm wrong, Leigh) 9, possibly 10 bell options, and 3 distinct sound variations for each bell, depending on the type of finish chosen. Gold and raw brass sound virtually identical, silver brightens, laquer warms (relative to raw brass). The beauty of the Eclipse line is that ALL horns feel the same to the player, play the same, response, intonation, etc., because they are all identical minus the bell (med classic is the only exception to that rule, (the lead horn)).
    Bell descriptions will be written most likely by Noel Langley or another professional, in lieu of a live performance evaluation.

6. trumpetdude

trumpetdude New Friend

Nov 19, 2003
    LONDON
    hi guys how r u all? :lol: [/b][/i]

7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hiya, trumpetdude!

I noticed that you've moved, recently... Birmingham to London. Dunstable, Bedfordshire is much closer, now. You really need to visit First Class Brass/Eclipse Trumpets. You won't be sorry that you did!

Happy Holidays!
    Bruce

8. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Pretty conclusive. Look for a new 'Bells' page in the near future. Thanx for the input!
    -Gary

9. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I concur with what I perceive to be the consensus here. I am somewhat confused over all the different option combinations afforded by different bell sizes and construction materials. I would like more information about the sound characteristics of the different combinations and their actual applications in playing conditions. I know Noel has posted on this subject, but it would be nice to be able to ascertain this information directly from the site. Thanks.

10. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    S.T.,

I know that they like things big down there in Texas after being in basic training there (Houston) and training (Witchatall Falls ...spelling).

Could you give a "bigger" explanation of what you mean? Maybe an example would help me understand what you are asking for. What do you mean by "option combinations"?

BTW, do you eat a Texas steak for breakfast? :)

Thanks,

Liad Bar-EL