Edwards trumpets forum

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Lazorphaze, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    You guys left out one important trumpet: Edwards. They make really good instruments.

2. kdawg

kdawg New Friend

Nov 19, 2003
    i think too few people play edwards to really make it into its own forum. Now if you combined it with Getzen you might have more interest.

3. bkmdano

bkmdano New Friend

Nov 13, 2003
    I think a Getzen/Edwards forum would be great. The new products coming from the custom line are of high quality and show progress for all trumpet players. The valves alone deserve a forum.

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I've asked Brett Getzen (who is now posting on TH) to consider coming over here and giving us a look.... he could get his own forum. So far there has been no response (let's face it... he's more than slightly involved in the factory) but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

5. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    There are plenty of other brands left out, not the least of which are Yamaha and Selmer, BUT I think we have enough forums for trumpet brands. We already have an unusual number of forums dedicated to small volume makers, so I think we need to just leave it where it is.

Just my opinion, no offense meant.

Dave

6. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    8)

7. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Edwards has the "Alabama boys" including the transplanted LC. Also, they're spending a lot of money on nice print advertising.

Anyway, my point in this thread (written long ago) is that ANY dedicated forum is rife with negatives. It's almost as hard to have a sane discussion about a Schilke or Bach (compared to Zeus) if you don't toe the "company line." An Edwards would be no better.

If Edwards is so good, why don't you contribute to the trumpet world by writing a thoughtful, meaningful post? Tell us why someone should pay extra for a trumpet that's in parts. (I know some possible answers, but I never got to play Leonard's before he moved on, so my thoughts would just be pure conjecture).

Dave