Ein Heldenlaben low F

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by BachMan, Dec 16, 2003.

1. BachMan

BachMan Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2003
    Hi,

How do you practice the low F lick in Ein Heldenlaben? I am having a hard time trying to get this one to pop out. Carmen doesn't seem to be much of a probelm because I am down in the basement to begin with but this lick gives me trouble.

Also what kind of set up to you use to extend your 3rd slide? I have a Bach Bb and built my own extended third valve stop with a coat hanger :). It Works!

BachMan.

2. No BS

No BS New Friend

Nov 2, 2003
    Use a big mouthpiece and don't try to play it too loud. I pull my third slide on my b-flat all the way out and then extend the extra bit of tubing about 1/2 inch.

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    You will also need to use alternate fingerings....

And practice those licks with your ears and your tuner on.

mike

4. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

5. C. Adams

C. Adams New Friend

Feb 25, 2004
    It's gotta be in your head, sing it, play it, if you don't have it it your ears then it will be difficult. Pulling out the 3rd valve extension is right but you gottat hear to play. Leave the equpiment alone and work on the ears!

"Everything is the Result of a Thought!" Wm. Adam

C.Adams
    [/quote]

6. bugler16

bugler16 Pianissimo User

Dec 14, 2003
    I agree that you have to hear it in your head before you play it. That being said I also have to extend my 3rd valve slide and finger it 123 to get a low F out solid that locks into place. Try a book by Phil Snedecor called Low Etudes.