Elementary Studies for Trumpet & Setting Up Drills by Herbert L Clarke

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetfart123, Jan 16, 2013.

1. trumpetfart123

trumpetfart123 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Hi would anybody have any links for a free download for any of the above books?

Many thanks
    Trumpet Fart:cool:

2. mush-mouth

mush-mouth Pianissimo User

Aug 3, 2009
    Those resources are still protected under copyright, so if you want them, you'll need to buy, beg, borrow or steal, and I doubt anyone on this forum is going to help you with that last option by posting a link in this thread.

3. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    There is a leagally down-loadble verison of Arbans (The Trumpet Bible).

BB

4. trumpetfart123

trumpetfart123 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Copyrights are so over rated

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Then don't write anything for a living. Folks who invent physical objects can get patents. Intellectual property - prose, poetry, music, etc, needs to have the rights of the originator protected, otherwise there will be no incentive for creating such, and our world would be a much sadder place without it.

Vulgano Brother likes this.
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    ALSO, they dammed well earned it!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    To follow on from that.

Why don't you put yourself in the shoes of the owners of these works? Imagine if you invested all your time and effort into preparing a work, be it music or film or literature, just to have people take it and use it for free? You'd spend all that time and money investing into the writing and editing and publishing, and receive nothing in return. Simply put, imagine how much that would suck. So why don't you open up your wallet and go pay the people for what they did?

I'm sure you'd like to be paid every time you went to work.

8. Pete

Pete Piano User

Nov 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
  9. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    As someone who has written a text book and does support my family off such endeavors I am most displeased with the attitude. The sacrifices that go into writing a text book or any book are enormous. But, hopefully, they are well worth in the end when you can say to your wife and kids: "Here is a nice royalty check to help pay our bills."

I am done with these post so I do not say something inappropriate.

Best Wishes to all.

BB

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  10. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    It seems the internet age has made the disregard for creators of non physical works even worse. Every kid seems to think they can get a free download for whatever it is they need at the moment and they feel it's perfectly normal to systematically try to do that. I'm totally with Brother Bach on this one. These books are not expensive, they're worth the money. My teacher passes books onto me quite often and I pay for them. I find it perfectly normal.