Embouchure Change

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetplayer24, Apr 11, 2015.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hard for me to say. Sometimes we struggle with mechanics, but are open for creative influences. We do need to run with the moment. I am not sure that we can force any issue, that is why I advocate a daily routine. My experience is that repeated patterns stabilize the mechanics and give our creative side chances. The daily routine like taking a shower, shaving, becomes minimally invasive to the "part time" musician and offers a reliable base after a short (2-3 month) while.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I wouldn't say "regardless of colour," but rather "sound like a trumpet." We create and develop our own sound concept over time, including bits from all the players we admire.

3. Trumpetplayer24

Trumpetplayer24 Pianissimo User

Apr 3, 2013
    UK
    Update - I have made great progress over the last few weeks, my tone is improving and my range is slowly getting there.

Controversially I am developing a new embouchure whilst still playing on my existing embouchure. Since they are both in completely different positions this hasn't caused me any problems and will fully switch over when I feel that I am ready.

Hard work and patience really pays off.

4. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    It's really constructive and useful threads like this one that make me really like this forum.