Embouchure for Buckteeth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by keigoh, Jan 3, 2013.

1. keigoh

keigoh Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2012
    Tokyo
    I have a slight buckteeth...
    Is there a good trumpet embouchure for people with a buckteeth?

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    The best embrochure is what works best for you and feels natural and comfortable. Hopefully, your teacher should guide you with this. Don't worry about the teeth.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Really "buck teeth" or an excessive overbite? A dentist may provide remedy for either. I've only known one person with "buck teeth" and after orthodontal braces were utilized, by the time he was a senior in high school he had a normal overbite and his trumpet sizzled.

Sadly, he couldn't find remedy for pancreatic cancer and died 2 years ago. I really liked playing duets with him. He also played the trombone and had a fantastic comedy act with a misaligned 'bone while simulating a drunken stupor as if after a gig. Wearing special shoes his father ( a shoemaker ) made for him as engaged bolts in the stage ( a 400 pound steel plate ) he seemed to sway beyond human balance. Voted the funniest in the senior class ahead of me, but more than this stage act he was just a well liked comedian that filled others with happiness.

4. keigoh

keigoh Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2012
    Tokyo
    okay thanks everyone! :)

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Braces will work if they are really bad. If it's a mild case, regular practice with excessive pressure should push them back in. ;-)

6. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Hold the Trumpet at a proper level of comfort. Just do lesson one of the Caruso exercises,till you feel or know your lip set up.

Bach also made a mouthpiece for your type teeth set up. May wish to buy one and give a try.