Embouchure???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nico Kelevra, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Hi, I`m new in TM. I want to make you a simple question: Is there any problem with my trumpet embouchure if I start to play trombone? Excuse my english, I`m from Argentina...
    Thanks to all

Nico

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I have been a comebacker on trumpet for 4 years now. I started the trombone in January. YOU need to take it slow. start the trombone with about 5 to 10 minutes every other day for a week or 2. Then add a few minutes the following weeks. I would always play the trombone AFTER the trumpet practice.
    in a month or two -- start switching between trombone and trumpet in practice --- after all -- you want to be able to play both.
    the whole concept is --- DONT DO TOO MUCH TOO FAST WITH THE TROMBONE -- less is more in the beginning as they say!!!
    the trombone will be ok in 2 or 3 months -- and if you go slowly -- you won't lose much in the trumpet playing!!!!

3. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Like Kingtrumpet said, start slow, and build up, it won't happen in a day, nor wil it happen in a month, take your time, as you should with all things you learn. You should google/youtube Trombone Shorty, he plays both trumpet and trombone very well and might be an example.

4. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Ok, I will take it slow, thanks both for your advice :thumbsup:

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    WElcome aboard TM, Nico. Visit more!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Welcome to ET, and do listen to Kingtrumpets advice... [I cannot BELIEVE I just said that]... and by the way, excuse my English... I'm from the USA... That IS why God created BigDub!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    google James Morrison from Australia, and of course Maynard Ferguson also.
    NOT that you will sound like this in 2 or 3 months -- but it should give you motivation that with time, and practice and love for both instruments -- you can be better than you imagined!! -- but it takes months (actually years and years) and 1,000's of hours of practice time --- do the time, do the practice --- take the right approach --- and in 3 or 4 or 5 years ---- YOU too will be AWESOME of both instruments!!!!!!!!!

GijsVis likes this.
  8. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Thank you all of you!!! For the advice and the welcome!!!

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oooops -- I forgot to say WELCOME Nico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL