Embrochure Change and Laurie Frink Lesson

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Smcquaid, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Myszolow

Myszolow Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2011
    Re: Embouchure Change and Laurie Frink Lesson

CC Senor

2. Smcquaid

Smcquaid Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2010
    My lessons with her have been VERY productive, she's really been giving me a lot to work with. She saw my old embouchure and said a change would be necessary b/c id hurt myself if I kept playing like this. She helped me get my position solidified and everything is coming back slowly.

My range is always an uphill battle but I have more control up there, the current thing I am working on is actually articulating up there and expanding it VERY gradually. Does anyone have any excerises for developing range in a careful way?

Instantly, when I began this change, my tonguing felt much more centered and my air could actually be controlled through the horn. I am happy with the change and have stuck with it, I hope to have one more lesson with her before I start college in the fall.

She is a wonderful teacher and I highly recommend her to anyone who is having chop problems.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I recommend that you ask Laurie how to do this and not mess up what she has already told you. She is the only one of us that ever heard you play. You already messed up once on embouchure, why take yet another chance?

4. tomba51

tomba51 New Friend

Jan 5, 2004
    You already are seeing one of the BEST teachers in the world - why would you want our advice? Just keep doing what Laurie tells you to do and your range will improve.

Tom