embrochure dilema

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Haste2

Haste2 Piano User

Jun 16, 2010
    When you make a significant change to your embouchure of COURSE your sound will not be very good, because you have to develop it! So, if the embouchure DOES turn out to be correct your sound WILL be worse at first.

Of course, that doesn't absolutely positively mean that embouchure change is what you SHOULD do.... yeah, consult a teacher. Still, keep the above paragraph in mind.

:play:

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I have seen 2 different versions of the pencil exercise.. one with the teeth loosely holding the pencil and the other the lips..
    The straw seem brilliant .... it might be a little light and need reinforcing..
    The breath attack in the lower register is really good. I would have never thought it would bring the corners down while also keeping the embrouchure supple...
    I was playing around with my recording setup and will post an audio clip sometime this week. It will be begginer/intermediate but for 9 weeks or so I am happy with the progress so far.
    @ Robin ... I have access to a large warehouse and am going to put in the 40 minutes of songs there.
    thanks again guys

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This is not true. The embouchure is so many different things at the same time. It is possible to change something in an evolutionary way and get great results immediately. This is why those that "mess around" with embouchures often trash their playing - no frame of reference and changing the wrong thing.