"Emmanuel".

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by skootchy, Jul 24, 2010.

1. skootchy

skootchy New Friend

Aug 20, 2006
    Naugatuck, Connecticut
  2. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan

I enjoyed that piece on the DVD as well. It is composed by Michel Colombier. Go to this web page and the original (for clarinet) should automatically play in the background:

* MICHEL COLOMBIER - The Official Site *

The piece Emmanual is from an album of music called Wings. But I'm not sure where to buy it as it isn't linked from the above site's store.

You can buy the sheet music from this site:

Sheetmusic: Emmanuel - Michel COLOMBIER - © Michel Colombier Music, Jean Davoust Éditeur

I think I bought the big band (10 pages) version which is in Bb I think. (Going from memory here.) I think that Botti plays it up a full step. If you buy from the above site you can chose a hard copy or a digital copy. I guess you could order a digital copy, 'scan' it with Sibelius, and then transpose into the key that Botti plays it, but you would then have to add the extra stuff that he plays as well.

3. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    I recall that Michel Colombier also composed "Wings", which featured Herb Alpert. I loved that album, what little I managed to hear of it.

4. CBjr.

CBjr. New Friend

Jun 27, 2010
    its a beautiful song...ive actually played it alongside Chris Botti himself, hence my user name

5. Gunner

Gunner New Friend

Apr 27, 2010
    Cinci, OH and Louisville
    I was about to order it from that website but stopped when I saw the 4.50 euro price. for that I'll do an arrangment my self. Maybe I'll write Chris and ask for his arrangment.

6. Gunner

Gunner New Friend

Apr 27, 2010
    Cinci, OH and Louisville
    I finally got a copy of this sheet music from Aldy Sheet Music, aldysheetmusic.com. $3.00 no shipping, they emailed me a link to download it. It is in the key of F# for violin, viola and piano, I will transpose the violin part for Bb horn in case I want to use the accompianment. BTW, I think Chris Botti plays it in the key of F on his Boston concert for PBS.

7. milesjazz11

milesjazz11 New Friend

Feb 6, 2012
    Can anyone send me the link for the Violin and Trumpet music?