END OF CONTEST!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Mar 28, 2005.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi All

The contest has now ended, and i wanted to say that the entries are all fantastic in their own ways.
    I am pleased with the effort everyone has put into this!

The standard of your entries has made is extremely difficult to choose a winner and that will not happen overnight.
    It will take the panel some time to sift through it all and agree on a winner.

I will let you know when 1 am going to post the winner up on here, so please try and hang around at that time as it might well be you?

A further post will be added later tonight (UK time) to show a little more about the prize.

I truly believe that you are all winners simply for taking part! i would love nothing more than for all of you to come to England and have a horn built, but of course we can only have one winner.

I would as usual like to thank the Trumpetmaster Website for hosting this contest for the last few years.
    In this time we have managed to make a certain few winners very happy and have had a lot of fun in the process.

This year is no different although the prize is a little larger than before!

The contest will go ahead next year, so there will be another chance to win if you are not successful this time.

As for the prize for next year! well all i can say is that it will be equal to what we have done this year.

Once again thankyou to all who took part! and i wish each and every one of you the very best of luck.

I'll be back! :cool:

Best wishes

Leigh & The guy's at Eclipse

2. Lo

Lo New Friend

Nov 25, 2003
    Toronto,Ontario
    Thanks for the oppourtunity Leigh. I'm sure all of the entrants can admit that this contest was fun and the 1 in 39 chance of winning is pretty sweet. Thanks again.

3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Yes - Leigh, and all the FCB co - thanks a LOT! This was a lot of fun, and even though there will only be one winner, I think we all "won" in the sense that it was very creative again this year.

Cheers,

Jack.

4. trombapaul

trombapaul Pianissimo User

Sep 30, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Leigh,

Thank you for the wonderful opportunity!! Waht a terrific gesture on your
    part being willing to put one of your "babies" in one of our hands at no
    cost to us. It's a shame I wasn't able to complete the 3 requirements
    (my photo hoster pulled the picture I had posted without informing me :dontknow: ).
    Next time!!

Paul

5. Dan Millheim

Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    Well, I managed to distract myself for half a day without thinking about the possible winning announcement but I don't think I can hold out much longer! Tomorrow I start on the fingure nails ha. While we wait, I would like to wish all my fellow posters the best of luck. Thanks Leigh, this has been...fun,fun,fun!

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I must have checked this thread 5 times today. And I know there is no chance of seeing the post staing the winner yet. Thankfully it's back to school tomorrow, so I'll be tied up and preoccupied all day.

Thanks, Leigh. This was ALOT of fun. What an amazing thing you are giving back to us.

7. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Leigh,

Thank you for holding this contest. It's truely one of the most fun things I've been able to do in a long time!

Everyone else,

I want to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped or participated in the contest. I've had a blast just looking at and reading your entries!

Lara

8. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    I too find myself checking this board, even though I know there won't be any real news for some time. It is quite a magnanimus thing that Leigh does, giving away and instrument each year to someone on the forum. This year's prize is sure a doozie.

9. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    :grouphug:

That was my best way of putting it... :D

Van

10. mutematcher

mutematcher New Friend

Mar 21, 2005
    The posts are really great, everyone. Thank you Leigh and Eclipse for encouraging creativity. This is a blast and I'm really shocked that more people didn't participate.

I'm like the rest of you, I can't stop checking in. But I think the anticipation is definitely a big part of the fun. Just don't make us wait toooo long, Leigh. Pleeeze! ?

Best of Luck to everyone. Although, I secretly hope to win. LOL! Surprise!