Enrico's ideas

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Enrico, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Enrico

Enrico New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Italy
    One thing that is important is to not place theory over practice.
    I find that the internet allows theory to supersede practice.
    Your personal results during practice are the most valuable bits of advice that you have.
    Although much of the advice on the internet can be qualified as correct,
    it may not be correct for you.
    The trumpet is the most messed up instrument ever. If you allow yourself to listen to random advice from people that don't know you, you are certainly inviting problems.

Ciao

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Enrico, I concur with your opinion about not putting theory over practice ... and I take it to the base root that theory isn't much more than an educated guess ... it is not an axiom. Really, I've never heard an absolute definition of "music" and I'm not to propound such to others. Personally to me it is just an enjoyable sound, among my memories the "goo" our child first emitted following her birth. I can't say that about all the music I see printed on paper, heard in concert, or recorded that I've listened to, but if another enjoys it, so be it.

3. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Rowuk, one of the moderators here, has often written that

Advice given over the internet is worth what you paid for it!

(Hope I got it right!)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Unless it comes from Rowuk and Ivan, in which case the advice is worth more then gold!

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I'm glad to hear that our "music theory" cover is working. We are "really" here to promote cheap American horns to Europe to further disrupt the trade imbalance.

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Ed Lee....

Why did you reply to an 8 year old post????

7. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Umm...

Me too :oops:

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    If you looked at when I first came to TrumpetMaster, you'd know that I hadn't the opportunity with the older posts which I'm now reveiwing. Too, note that such is now getting response from others, some of who haven't been around long either.
    Chuck Cox put it succinctly ... such wasn't answered earlier.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yeah, solar bell -- you were here 7 years ago, and you didn't answer the 8 year old post when you had a chance -- far sooner than Ed and I came to answer -- so what is your excuse to leave the OP hanging, and not providing an answer????? ----HEY, like I said before, no wonder the OP quit TM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey sorry enrico -- -we are still haggling over another thread, at another time --- and YES you are correct, we need to put what works for us into OUR practice sessions!!!!!!!!!!!

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Kingtrumpet, are you on drugs? Did you read the OP post from 2003 with clear mental status? There was NO question requiring an answer to leave the OP hanging. It was a simple statement, reflecting an idea, not even remotely requiring a response, and evidently was dug up on an archeological dig by Ed.

But we here at TM would love nothing more than to put you into a time machine and send you back to pal around with Enrico and then report back to us in... oh let's say 20 years or so, and let us know how the two of you are doing. Cannot wait to see the pictures of you guys together surfing with some Australian chicks!

And on second thought, if you are NOT on drugs, maybe you should be... don't ya think... Oh yeh, that's right you don't!