Enrico's ideas

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Enrico, Dec 14, 2003.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah - that is just like a doctor --- prescribe a drug!!!!!! doctors and drugs ---what gives???????? You know America would be healthier if you doctors would prescribe "healthy diets, and moderate exercise" --- OH I AM SO SORRY --- it's not your fault as doctors that Americans want a simple solution to their obesity and other health problems caused by "unhealthy living". So you doctors are now aquiescing to prescribe a drug --- cause that is what your patients want ----- I guess that is far easier than trying to get them to modify their diets and exercise (or lack thereof) routine.

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Thanks KT, I agree that diet. exercise,and might as well add, life coaching are very important. I find many times it is what a patient consumes that hurts them. Be it excessive alcohol, tobacco, and illicit substances. People unfortunately want instant gratification instead of life change. I'm pretty hard-nosed on reality. People don't like it when your brutally honest, but it can be a life-saver.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, my current/previous doctor (haven't been back to him for nearly 3 years) -- wanted to prescribe drugs to "cure" my persistent gout. The medicine eventually is detrimental to your liver (and at 45 ish, I figure I needed my liver for another 30 years). The answer to the whole equation was for me to -change my diet - it was actually quite simple, and I haven't had an attack in those 3 years. The first check up years ago after making adjustments to my diet - was to ASK THE DOCTOR why he failed to even suggest changing "diet". That honest question and a few others obviously "ticked" the guy off --and he suggested that I "not come back" unless I was really sick. ------------that is kind of like GM (gmonady) -- you will find he disagrees with me --on a lot of posts, just because he doesn't like to be wrong!!!! Mostly when I make a point, or correct him --- HE FAILS to answer, he just avoids answering the post!!!!!!!! Yes, you watch GM -- you can see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The OP did end his first post in 2003 with "If you allow yourself to listen to random advice from people that don't know you, you are certainly inviting problems." But KT, I really really know you... So here is good advice in the context of the OP (as you are coming off the theme of the thread a bit, don't ya think):

Nothing wrong with natural healing, and this is ALWAYS the first place I would start as well. So KT, you being into natural healing and on third thought you do not like drugs... Here is a natural (non-drug) method that may also "cure" your disorder.

Take two electrical extension cords. Connect them into two separate sockets. Clip on two alligator clips, one to each of your ears. Take the metal ends of the clips NOT attached to your ear, and simultaneously, connect them AT THE SAME TIME into the open prongs of the two female ends of the electrical extension cords. There you have it, better life through the natural healing potential of electrons. But hear comes the disclaimer: Odds are you will electrocute yourself, but there is that slight chance that you may survive it and after ECT KT, your life WILL get better.

The safer alternative is to have you local psychiatrist administer the same therapy with FDA approved electrical paddles, but they would put you under with anesthesia, and well, there you go again with needing to use drugs.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    KT, are you sitting down? Here is my reply... YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND YOU DID THE RIGHT THING IN YOUR DECISION ON HANDLING YOUR GOUT. I congratulate you in sticking to your guns and overriding your doctor.

Not at all like GM. What you just reported is EXACTLY how I try to teach my medical students how to approach their plans in managing gout. The BEST internal medicine texts out there will state the same, FIRST try to control the environment, and diet in managing gout. ONLY after this fails, should long term medical therapy be utilized. You want to REALLY tic your doctor off, send him my medical school address with the schedule as to when I teach my section on gout (Hyperuricemia) so that he can attend and REALLY lean how the disease should be managed.

No KT I and many others do this because 1) We really need to try to keep you in line; AND 2) You are such a good sport about it and I do believe there is REALLY learning conveyed in this banter, all the TM's bantering you (the RIGHT way); and your replys (the WRONG way) and through this... we learn.

Ah, my initial part of this reply tends to disprove that theory Kingtrumpet.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I too don't like drugs, doubly so the narcos. Too, I don't like electros, still the cardio defibs have kept me alive, especially following my most recent heart surgery where I went into post surgical Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB).

A psychiatrist treating gout ???? Oh yeah, I know electros are a med option in treatment of many psychological issues, and I know a psychiatrist is an MD ... but ...
    Yep! Diet and exercise are fundamental towards good health, but pharmaceutical and health insurance companies would go bankrupt if such were optimally utilized by everyone during their entire life. School systems hire dieticians to prepare the menus of their cafeterias, but the poundage of their garbage is disproportionate to that which was purchased evidential that students weren't eating such. No, the student's packs, purses and pockets were not searched for favored foods they had bought elsewhere or brought from home. Although I take all my meds as prescribed doesn't mean I have to like them aside from their escalating costs. The only one prescribed that I'm near satisfied with is OTC 81 mg aspirin.

Now as on Sundays I exempt my morning trumpet practice, its time now for an afternoon session as will follow with a nap before supper.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think that the chance for those not in the know to get it wrong is MUCH greater with DIY. On the other hand, we are not all born equal and therefore what some need may be more obvious than for others.

In any case, the best players are made through OPPORTUNITY and THAT is only available over the internet once you have made a name for yourself.

I think practicing proven theories (which then become facts) offers the greatest chance for success.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Well, his wife is probably a lot older than that and he replies to her occasionally too......:roll:

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uh GM, I was only idicating that you disagree with me on TM -- not that you disagree with me on the medical profession -- and it is too late to tick my doctor off --that was done years ago, and so far my health is good enough that I haven't a need to return - YET --- then again there is trying to find another doctor, preferrably one that has studied at Wright state................... and of course a woman doctor doesnt' hurt -----------My Mom once told me years ago (in the 80's that a women had to work twice as hard as a man, and be twice as smart --- just to get half the pay, and half the recognition that a man does) -----Now perhaps 30 years later that gap has narrowed, but I still like the idea that a female doctor may actually had to work harder, and may be smarter than the average doctor ---------------that is NOT to diminish the idea that a male Doctor is inferior, I just like my Mom's advice from years ago.

and this pertains to the OP how?? proven technique, learned at a much higher level, to prove oneself, may be beneficial in the final and totality of ones expertise -----work harder, be smarter -------------and end up more successful