Expert or not?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Jan 30, 2015.

1. some_blue

some_blue Pianissimo User

Jan 21, 2004
    Now THAT'S food for thought...!

2. tjcombo

tjcombo Mezzo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    There is another issue in this case - an outstanding practicioner who is a dodgy commentator :-)

3. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Although he was correct in this case TJ

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I have 40 years of teaching experience and only repeat myself. The truth has not changed in 40 years. Here at TM I am just short of making the top 10 answers sticky and then referring new posts to them before I lock them shut!

5. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Ex-has been, used to be was

Spurt- Drip, under pressure

Ex-Spurt, has been drip under pressure.

Now for the Creme de la Creme (well Cream is only the scum on top of the milk)

Okay in all seriousness I do see where Ivan is coming from. It reminds me of what my Grandfather used to say (He was an engineer who worked at Blackburns on the Buccaneer and was there through the war working on the Skua, Roc, Botha etc) Beware the man who has never made a mistake, he has never made anything. Basically saying if you don't make a mistake you can't learn from it.

6. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    But only because he knew how much better he too could have been had he not imbibed so heavily in alcohol during his career - and for both of them that word (career) is more accurate as a description of their cricketing times than they might like!