Exquisite!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    I just received Malcolm McNab's Exquisite CD, and it is absolutely spine tinglingly stunning:thumbsup:. It's a gospel on beautiful, expressive sound from start to finish. As for his cornet sound; quite simply stunning!!!!!!! I have listened to a lot of superb cornet players, but he, A TRUMPET PLAYER has the best cornet sound i have ever heard! It is a sound and style i am going to try copy, rather than the wobbly British Phillip McCann sound.
    What i particularly love about his sound is the quality of articulation and how centered every note is.

If you haven't got it, buy it. My best investment of the year!

Nanoo Nanoo

Big fat BUM!

2. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Good endorsement, B. I'll have to check it out.

3. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    thats good. Try getting some songs of limewire oldlips48

4. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    lol the person that puts the music on limewire has already bought it and is sharing it with you. If you really like the guy you ould buy his cd. Btu if you just want a sample of a few of his songs. Just get it off limewire

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hitman,

internet sharing is STEALING and that hurts EVERYBODY. Why is having a collection of tons of stuff more important than having good character.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Character counts and THEFT is not what we promote here!:thumbdown::play::thumbdown::play::thumbdown:

My definition of proper use is just like a book. Only one person can read it at one time.

6. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Aside from the copyright issues, you do not know what you are downloading with lime wire. I have been told that it can seriously affect the performance of your computer as well!

You get nothing, for nothing in this world!!

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    If you want to share music, have us over to your place and we'll listen with you. Your way means that only one person needs to buy it and they can share with all the rest of us. And the originator and "record" company are out of business in the blink of an eye. And so ends the recording industry and the non-live-performance careers of all musicians.

You are a youngster and seem like a fine upstanding individual, hitman, who has grown up with technology, so it may be easy for you to take certain things for granted. But just because a thing is possible doesn't make it right. It isn't a lol matter, it is a very serious issue and has the potential to destroy the commercial music business. It would be no fun to become a pro musician and have no way to make a buck other than live performance. It would be equally no fun for all of us who enjoy listening to high quality recordings of creative, original, and sometimes simply astounding players like Mr. McNab.

You are beginning on trumpet and who can predict where that will take you. You could be the next Louis Armstrong or Malcolm McNab, but you will starve without the recorded music industry, so don't adopt a cavalier attitude now when you are just starting out for there will be nowhere to go should you achieve your goal.

When I love a recording enough to share it with someone, I buy them a copy.

misty.sj likes this.
  8. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Buy the CD like the rest of us. Remember, someday you may be making the CD and wanting it to sell. Sales of your music keep food on the table. That's why many of us, especially freelancers, do everything possible in order to live. We teach, play, and many times play jobs and music we really don't want to do in order to make a living. Check the pay for many of the orchestras in the country. Most do not pay enough to make a good solid living one has to do more. Yes, there are approximately 20 orchestras where you can make a decent living, but there are a whole lot more where you can not.

9. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    well obviously you guys are right. But what would you do when oyu only like 1 song off the album? you go buy the whole album for 1 song?

10. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    You can probably buy the one track you like, from iTunes or Amazon.com.