Exquisite!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Aug 6, 2008.

1. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Yes, You buy the entire CD. As you listen to the other songs you will develop an appreciation for real music.

Schwab likes this.
  2. mystrumpet

mystrumpet Piano User

Nov 25, 2007
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Amen to that!

3. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    fair enough...

4. TisEkard

TisEkard Pianissimo User

Jul 28, 2006
    L.A./Orange County CA
    I wish the rest of the world could be convinced this easily

5. jsimpher

jsimpher New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    To be honest I have found many artists that would have never been possible if file sharing didn't exist. I hate the crappy quality of ripped CD's so if it is good enough I will buy it, and if used properly it can actually boost your sales. Look at the latest little wayne CD. I personally don't care for his music but that was a hell of a marketing strategy. Plus if your not mainstream then filesharing gets you free publicity that you otherwise would not get. Which in turn will bring in more revenue from an expanded fan base. I have probably spent close to a thousand dollars due to musicians that I have found on p2p software. I also know many people that do the same. Plus if you have ever recorded a radio program on to a cassette then you have also stolen music. Then only thing different is the technology used. Just some food for thought.

6. jsimpher

jsimpher New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    Using P2P can be good, just make sure to use it as a sampling method, and not a way to get free stuff.

7. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    yerrr exactly

8. TisEkard

TisEkard Pianissimo User

Jul 28, 2006
    L.A./Orange County CA
    I guess if I want to sample a candy bar at a store ill just take a bite out of it. If i like it, I might buy it, and if I don't like it, then... I will just put it back.

9. jsimpher

jsimpher New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    That is why there are such things as free samples. Plus once you open the candy bar it is ruined and cannot be eaten by anyone else. With the shared file however, it is not ruined. I personally am a struggling musician, so I fully understand how this can affect you. But to be honest, if you are relying entirely on CD sales, then you are not a very smart musician, or you need to hire a new manager.

I am not saying that people do not abuse the technology. I am simply saying that if you think outside of the box, then it can function as a great promotional tool. Heck NIN has given out their next album for free. What this technology can allow you to do is build fan base. Without it I would have never discovered the groups Soulive, and Lettuce. I personally have no clue how much stuff I have purchased of theirs since then.

Therefore by having a good product, you can expand your fan base, which will come to your shows, and support you by buying T-Shirts. And If they like you enough they will even buy the CD's that they have downloaded.

If you want to make money selling CD's in todays world you need a make-over and breast implants. Then the big record companies will sign you. Otherwise use all of the technology that is possible in new and unique ways, and work your butt off to build a fan base. Also if people are willing to steal your stuff, then you have it made.

10. jsimpher

jsimpher New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    BTW I need to check out this album, and sorry to get off topic.