Facial Hair on Trumpeters

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by adonis74, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I've always thought of it as an indicator of using too much pressure - nothing to be proud of.;-)

2. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh

Hold on there, Ive never gotten a scar from sax, nor seen anyone else with one - and its been my primary axe for over 10 years!

My trumpet mark only shows up after practice for a few minutes and then goes away

On the subject of facial hair, Im told it looks sweet. I shave mine regardless, I'm sweet enough

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    This is too funny...

... this gets posted the week after I decide to grow back my mustache! I'm growing it back for no particluar reason other than I was missing my dad a little and he's always had a mustache.

ML

4. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Somebody needs to go through thier old ITG's and find the picture of Manny doing a clinc con-mustache! I remember it, but could't tell you when it was...

5. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    "A kiss without a moustache is like an egg without salt."

Michael McLaughlin

6. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA
    Maybe I'm just jealous that my moustache and beard grow in with a variety of colors and each hair shoots out in a different direction. The hair would help hide my aging face, but the last attempt made me look even older than I am.

With the wisdom from these replies, I can rest knowing that I'm not missing some secret and magical power that would give me super chops if only I could grow a great beard.

The old tales of how a moustache would strengthen the lip or similar stories can now safely be put aside. :D

7. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    Chuck -
    I have a similar story that will help throw that theory further out the window.

I had a mustache in college, then decided to shave it off one day. When I visited my girlfriend (now my gorgeous blonde wife) the following weekend, she said "thank God you shaved that off, I never liked it." The funny thing was that was the first time she ever said anything about the mustache. Of course, she had to follow that up by then joking "don't ever grow it back!" :-)

8. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    Ya know - I've just never gotten used to seeing woman trumpet players with facial hair. I just don't know what it is :-)

Seth Moore

9. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Seth,

I've never gotten used to seeing women trumpeters without facial hair!!

(That should pull a few responses)

Regards,

Trevor

10. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Don't you mean "violists"?

This is eerie, but I started growing mine back 2 days ago. Last time I did, it came in salt n' peppa. We shall see. At least I can stop cutting my upper lip with the razor.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007