Fairly new Strad or Committee

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 9horn, Apr 27, 2011.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Don't tell me.. you like the Martin but everyone else is telling you to use the Bach

2. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I would agree with Rowuk about perhaps a different horn- I swear by the Conn Connstellation for lead work. The Kanstullation 991 is a great lead horn too. Also, I agree with getting a new mouthpiece, perhaps.

But if left with the choice, I've seen alot of guys play lead on there Bach 37's.

3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    If I had to choose between those two horns, I would go with the Committee. Mainly because I like the way Committee's sound and play. There's my opinion!

Kujo

4. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    Why don't you play all the horns available to you and pick whatever you like the most? Or whatever is the easiest, or whatever the director wants you to play?

5. 9horn

9horn Pianissimo User

Feb 25, 2009
    New York
    The strad just sound more formal to me. Even if side by side they just played 3 or 4 notes. Maybe it's in the way they resonate. Its like one of those royal white horses marching in the wedding along side a wild black stallion.;-)

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I love the Bach's but I think you said what's in your gut ....Go with the Martin ... sounds like you have your "signature" sound